FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By ChefDean
I, along with others, got some N. Ampullaria seeds that had been in the seed bank for about a year. We all knew it was a long shot to get any to germinate, but we had to try.
Did anyone that received any of the N. Ampullaria seeds get any to germinate?
Personally, none for me so far. I've read that they should germinate by 2 months, and I'm at that 2 month mark.
I'll give mine about another week or so, then closely examine them to see if they're done. I just wanted to hear if anyone had any luck.
By Lyra
None of mines germinated either. But, I'll just leave it there and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By oval
Mine either, but I still have the pots sitting around. I have moved them to non-prime growing area locations, though. I have sundews growing in one pot now...
By twitcher
I got some early and had two germinate on chopped lfsm in a sealed container under light. Sadly, I was not skilled enough to keep them growing. They lingered a couple months, never put on any size and died. Don't know what I did wrong, but learned that nepethes from seed are harder than drosera or pings, at least for me.
By sanguinearocks101
twitcher wrote:I got some early and had two germinate on chopped lfsm in a sealed container under light. Sadly, I was not skilled enough to keep them growing. They lingered a couple months, never put on any size and died. Don't know what I did wrong, but learned that nepethes from seed are harder than drosera or pings, at least for me.
Oh... I just threw all mine out :cry: . Well, I doubt any would have germinated for me anyway.
By Shadowtski
Copper2 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:53 pm I wonder how someone had two flowering ampullaria at the same time?
The seeds were donated by one of our regular members.
Ampullaria is not that rare.
It would not be too uncommon to have multiples Neps flowering simultaneously if you have a large collection.
By Copper2
Yes I know ampullaria is common. But having two different clones that are male and female is a bit unusual. And I get that you could save pollen but what’s up with not naming the ampullaria clones used? Regretfully there’s a lot of members here that don’t have huge collections or know how to get them to flower
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!