FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Sizzzla Jizzla
Now that I have my light set up (I've had my plants on the window sill for lack of anything better), I thought I'd post a picture or two. Once I dig out my old digital (and eventually get a new one!) I'll post pictures in better focus than my camera phone does.

Though it's hard to see in the pictures, the dew is beginning to make a comeback, especially on the new leaves, which are growing quite fast. It's just a matter of time before it starts catching bugs like my butterwort.
My Sundew
My Sundew
1209092144c.jpg (211.23 KiB) Viewed 3065 times
By Veronis
Nice plants :) How long have you had them all?

Ohh did you get the beastly light yet?
By Sizzzla Jizzla
Thanks!

I've had my Aloe Vera (see non-cp section) for about 6 years. The Sundew and Butterwort have been mine since November 27th (they had to spend TGD at the post office because of the holiday :| ).

I received the light last Friday, and the fixture this Tuesday. It's a bright one, thanks for the recommendations :D .

I have it set ~12 in. from the tops of the plants. I've been able to keep the foil in place since it doesn't get too hot where they are.

One question though, since you have the same light/fixture: After turning the light off at the end of the day, I can hear it making a kind of ticking sound, not steady, but somewhat frequent. Is this something I should be worried about *is it going to shatter :o * ? Or is it just cooling down?
By Veronis
Cooling down. Make sure everything is tight (check all the little screws plus the bulb and adapter). It's most likely the frame cooling down, but mine doesn't do that.

I've never heard of a fluorescent light exploding from regular use.
By Sizzzla Jizzla
Managed to get my old digital to hold a charge long enough to snap a few macros :) .
The inside of each bunch is growing new leaves!
The inside of each bunch is growing new leaves!
DCP_0032.JPG (373.67 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
I think the shoot at the top is a group of flowers. If so, it's time to grow a whole bunch of these things!
I think the shoot at the top is a group of flowers. If so, it's time to grow a whole bunch of these things!
DCP_0039.JPG (329.68 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
Some of the older leaves are dying, but the newer ones and the emerging ones, are starting to dew up nicely!
Some of the older leaves are dying, but the newer ones and the emerging ones, are starting to dew up nicely!
DCP_0045.JPG (417.65 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!