FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Archie Adams
Benny wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:28 pm
Archie Adams wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:25 pm
Matt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:16 pm
That's not true for flytraps. We regularly grow ours outdoors in full sun in southern Oregon where the relative humidity levels are in the 15%-25% range during the summer months and they thrive. So long as the soil stays damp and there aren't strong drying winds, flytraps do not need any special considerations in terms of humidity levels.
Actually such a flower needs a very high level of air humidity because the venus flytrap is a swamp plant, the soil in the pot must be moist all the time, and air humidity is required at least 60%
As Josh said, bog, not swamp. Easily confused but very different. And there is no need to doubt anything Matt says, he is the king of Venus flytraps. We all are lucky to have experienced people like him assist newbies like me in growing ;) .
Hi Benny! I in no way doubt Mett’s words, all my knowledge about flytraps is theoretical because I read a lot about them, but of course I trust more practice and as I have little experience growing them, I undoubtedly believe you, and I am very happy to learn new. Thank you!
By Matt
Archie Adams wrote:Actually such a flower needs a very high level of air humidity because the venus flytrap is a swamp plant, the soil in the pot must be moist all the time, and air humidity is required at least 60%
Again, this is not true at all and is a widely propagated rumor about growing flytraps. They can thrive in very low humidity levels as long as their soil stays damp.
By Archie Adams
Matt wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:54 pm
Archie Adams wrote:Actually such a flower needs a very high level of air humidity because the venus flytrap is a swamp plant, the soil in the pot must be moist all the time, and air humidity is required at least 60%
Again, this is not true at all and is a widely propagated rumor about growing flytraps. They can thrive in very low humidity levels as long as their soil stays damp.
Okey, thank you for information) It was really usefull
Brown spots in new leaf?

That plant looks to be pretty far along for thi[…]

Even if they are from leaf cuttings 4 months old?[…]

Sundews seem to be a little sensitive to most inse[…]

Fertilized Peet Moss

I'd suggest simply rinsing the plants in distilled[…]

The first box-store Venus flytrap I purchased did […]

Growing vft in tampa FL

They look very ready for the upcoming growing seas[…]

Looks like the flytrap is starting to burst into g[…]

Looks great! Nice work with that one :D

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!