FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By Jeeper
I use a lfsm/small bark/charcoal mix, I agree your soil sounds heavy...
By DragonsEye
Far too dense. There are very few orchids that would like, let alone survive such a mix.

Fine rooted orchids like Miltonopsis typically desire a mix more like what Jeeper uses.

Furthermore, keep in mind that Miltonopsis like their media to stay lightly moist but not soggy, high humidity with good air circulation and cool temps (Grow them as highland neps).

By Archie Adams
Miltoniopsis orchid care at home
I have such so I can give a pieces of advice. The irrigation regime for orchids is established taking into account the microclimate of the room in which it is grown. As a rule, the plant is watered in the summer once a week, in the winter twice a month. A method of soldering is used, but they are carefully monitored to ensure that all water flows out of the pot and that moisture drops do not fall into the sinuses of the leaves. The substrate between waterings should dry completely, but not overdry. Humidity is maintained high throughout the year - at least 70–80%.
Top dressing is carried out from March to August 1 or 2 times a month with special fertilizers for orchids in the doses specified in the instructions. If universal fertilizers are used for indoor plants, the dose is reduced by half, or even more, by a factor of three or four, depending on the composition of the irrigation water
Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Browning Sarracenia and Aphids

Just wanted to update that with a new light and di[…]

Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!