FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By Durrendal
Like the title says, I'm in India and the biggest problem here is the low (almost nil) availability of substrate for CP. I have looked high and low and didn't find a source for Sphagnum moss or peat moss.

There are Amazon listings but... Amazon being what it is they're probably not trustworthy. I do have some dried moss, but it's forest moss (I've seen orchids thrive in it).

Can anyone help by mentioning sources for Sphagnum, peat or can help in importing some?

Thanks in advance, folks!
By evenwind
This is arguably the best sphagnum moss available: http://besgrow.com/spagmoss . If it's factory sealed on Amazon or Ebay, you should be fine. You might also be able to buy it from a dealer in Asia (there's a list on the website). Good luck.
Durrendal liked this
By Durrendal
evenwind wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:40 pm This is arguably the best sphagnum moss available: http://besgrow.com/spagmoss . If it's factory sealed on Amazon or Ebay, you should be fine. You might also be able to buy it from a dealer in Asia (there's a list on the website). Good luck.
I did find a source for Sphagnum but seems like I have to hold off on it due to the clampdowns on parcels and stuff due to Corona.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!