FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Joeynator3000
This one seems like it's still going today, so I figured I would join. Recently I was thinking of trying to get back into these plants, now that I'm older and all that. I used to mess with them as a kid, and even had a butterwort (I forget which kind) that lasted for about a year. Fast forward like...10-ish years, I dunno, and I tried at them again starting with seeds this time. Yeah, that didn't go so well at all...no idea what I did wrong, so I'm guessing the instructions were incorrect or something. Fast forward again until now where I'm smarter (somewhat, lol) and all that.

So yeah recently I've been trying to find out what to get, where to get it, and how to set it up and stuff. I want to keep it indoors mainly because I sometimes get obnoxious little flies/gnats in my room that won't leave me alone and they're near impossible to kill, lol. We also live in an apartment, so, limited space.

Anyways I'll post more about that later, this is just me saying hello. I may use this forum for tips and stuff if I actually do this. Everything I've found via Google are old/outdated info and all that.
By Shadowtski
Welcome to the Forum.
This is a good source for information, it is active and if you ask a question, someone will probably pop up with an answer in a reasonably short time.

Matt is the Admin here and he's posted some good care and feeding pages, primarily Fly Trap info but mostly applicable to Carnivorous Plants in general. You can find them at www.flytrapcare.com

I grow mostly Drosera, outside for 3 seasons and in my basement for the long cold Milwaukee Winters.

Good growing,
Mike
By Joeynator3000
Cool, didn't think I would get a reply that quickly, so that's a good sign. xD

Yeah I found this forum when looking up lamp info (and of course the posts started from 2011 along with plenty of dead links and such. >.<), I haven't decided what plant I wanna start out with yet. But I'm thinking if I should go with a butterwort again or some kind of sundew...
By Shadowtski
Well if you're interested in Drosera, TWITCHER is sponsoring a giveaway.
He's giving away a few packs of fresh Drosera capensis seed in a random number giveaway.
This Forum also runs a Seed Bank.
You can request one package a month, no charge, just send in an SASE.
By Matt
Welcome! Yep, in a world where forums are much less active than they were just a few years ago, this forum is still pretty active.

Glad you are planning to get back into the hobby. Growing carnivorous plants is a great one, for sure!

^^^^ N. boschiana "BE 3643" x sanguinea […]

please and thank you :D Sent from my SM-S918U usi[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

I put this venus flytrap in a different type of so[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!