FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Zagotech
Welcome home little buddy !! Just picked up this dude from the shop today. Some of the traps are closed, which must mean it has been feeding on insects / flies. I dont know when was the last time it was watered but will water it a bit tomorrow night. He looks quite healthy. What you think ? It was the best looking one. The others had some black traps. This looked decent.

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
By Zagotech
sanguinearocks101 wrote:It's looking great but I would recommend repotting it soon using a 50/50 mix of peat moss and perlite, be sure that it has no added nutrients. You should water it with distilled, reverse-osmosis, or rainwater.
Thanks. I can mix with 50% spagnum moss and 50% pure perlite / perlite compost mix ?

By Zagotech
sanguinearocks101 wrote:I think sphagnum moss can work. I am not sure what perlite compost mix is though?
This is what i was talking about. This is perlite soil mix.

By Zagotech
sanguinearocks101 wrote:If you bought it pre-mixed from a local store I wouldn’t use it unless it said something like “Carnivorous Plant soil mix” or if it was from a trusted seller.
Ohh i see thanks. So you auggest i buy pure perlite and spagnum moss ? 50/50 ?

By Cross
Zagotech wrote:
sanguinearocks101 wrote:If you bought it pre-mixed from a local store I wouldn’t use it unless it said something like “Carnivorous Plant soil mix” or if it was from a trusted seller.
Ohh i see thanks. So you auggest i buy pure perlite and spagnum moss ? 50/50 ?

No, don't use 50 50. I would suggest if you really want to use perlite, maybe a 20/80 mix. I find perlite gets into everything. Spagnum moss is uncomposted peat moss. If you can find actual spagnum moss, that would be best.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!