FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
chomato wrote:Yay, I use dark mode for basically every site that uses it!
I've never been on a forum that offers it before (FlytrapCare and SummitPost are pretty much the only forums I'm active on these days), but I have to say I can see why you prefer it!

chomato wrote:Also, I noticed that the CAPTCHA prevents logging into TapaTalk. Is there a way to solve this, or should I start saying goodbye to the app?
Ugh, bummer. I think I will disable the CAPTCHA. I do have other spam prevention on the forum, so hopefully that will work and we won't be overrun by spammers.
By Matt
tracieh wrote:I just went into the search bar to look for some help with a problem and though it says there are 12+ pages of results it will only take me to the first page over and over again. I don't think this is on my end but it might be.
This paging problem should be fixed now!!
By chomato
Matt wrote:
chomato wrote:Yay, I use dark mode for basically every site that uses it!
I've never been on a forum that offers it before (FlytrapCare and SummitPost are pretty much the only forums I'm active on these days), but I have to say I can see why you prefer it!

chomato wrote:Also, I noticed that the CAPTCHA prevents logging into TapaTalk. Is there a way to solve this, or should I start saying goodbye to the app?
Ugh, bummer. I think I will disable the CAPTCHA. I do have other spam prevention on the forum, so hopefully that will work and we won't be overrun by spammers.
Imagine waking up in the wee hours of the morning wondering what's new in the Flytrap care forum, only to be blinded by the light mode? Idk about you but it would ruin my browsing experience for a little while.

The CAPTCHA is a necessary evil, and I found that by just making an account with the app solves this issue, so no big deal
By Matt
chomato wrote:Imagine waking up in the wee hours of the morning wondering what's new in the Flytrap care forum, only to be blinded by the light mode? Idk about you but it would ruin my browsing experience for a little while.
For sure! I totally see the desire for the dark mode. It makes a huge difference on the eyes in low-light situations!!

chomato wrote:The CAPTCHA is a necessary evil, and I found that by just making an account with the app solves this issue, so no big deal
Interesting. When you say "just making an account with the app solves the issue" are you referring to the Tapatalk app? Does that mean that you now have two accounts or does Tapatalk somehow connect your account to their app?
By chomato
Matt wrote:
chomato wrote:Imagine waking up in the wee hours of the morning wondering what's new in the Flytrap care forum, only to be blinded by the light mode? Idk about you but it would ruin my browsing experience for a little while.
For sure! I totally see the desire for the dark mode. It makes a huge difference on the eyes in low-light situations!!

chomato wrote:The CAPTCHA is a necessary evil, and I found that by just making an account with the app solves this issue, so no big deal
Interesting. When you say "just making an account with the app solves the issue" are you referring to the Tapatalk app? Does that mean that you now have two accounts or does Tapatalk somehow connect your account to their app?
When I was trying to sign into my flytrap care account while using the app(tapatalk), it asked for the CAPTCHA, which it never showed. Before then, I had never made an account with the app, so I decided to see if getting an account with the app would help somehow.

One of the things the app would often advertise (to me) whenever I opened it was a one click sign in to the forums I'm part of, and since I'm only using this one, I never bothered, but this time I did just to see if I could bypass the invisible CAPTCHA. I chose the email I used to sign up for this (flytrap care) account, and voila, no more captcha. Maybe it works because i have that email synced to my phone, so it was rather easy.
By Benny
Fantastic new look Matt!!
By DesertPat
I'm not sure if my phone is being weird, but using the tapatalk app I can't view some formatted text, specifically my grow list. It appears fine on PC, just not on my phone. Anyone else notice anything like this yet?

I can screenshot if its needed.

Patrick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

By Matt
DesertPat wrote:I'm not sure if my phone is being weird, but using the tapatalk app I can't view some formatted text, specifically my grow list.
Hmm, yeah, I can confirm that the special formatting on your grow list doesn't display correctly in Tapatalk. I'm guessing it is an issue with their application that is the cause. It displays fine in any normal browser, just not within the Tapatalk app.
By evenwind
Matt - I hope the "Thanks" modification is still on your to-do list. I'd also like to see the user post count moved somewhere back on the Reply screen. I always used the two counts to have some sort of guesstimate about who I was talking to. Honestly, although I'd certainly read it all, I was more likely to take advice from someone with a "Thanks" count exceeding a respectable post count. Just a matter of confidence, I suppose.
By Matt
evenwind wrote:Matt - I hope the "Thanks" modification is still on your to-do list.
It definitely is. But it will be a "Like" button instead of a "Thanks" button. I suppose I could go through all of the code and change it to "Thanks" instead of "Like"...that seems like a decent idea to do for continuity's sake. I just need to figure out how to port all of the "Thanks" from the previous mod into this new "Like" mod. I've been working on it, but have been super busy with other stuff the last week or so.

evenwind wrote:I'd also like to see the user post count moved somewhere back on the Reply screen.
Agreed. It is good to have that visible somewhere for many reasons, including spotting spammers.

evenwind wrote:Honestly, although I'd certainly read it all, I was more likely to take advice from someone with a "Thanks" count exceeding a respectable post count. Just a matter of confidence, I suppose.
Yep, I feel exactly the same!!
By cwm1
Hey Matt, over the last few days, I have noticed when I sign in that I get a message that I have exceeded my log in attempts and I get the verification code thing. Just saying, 3 out 5 attempts result in this. I run Linux, but up until 7-8 days ago, I never had a problem. Charlie.
By Matt
cwm1 wrote:Hey Matt, over the last few days, I have noticed when I sign in that I get a message that I have exceeded my log in attempts and I get the verification code thing.
Hey Charlie, yeah, I noticed that as well and have looked into it. I'm not sure what the exact cause of the problem is, thus I haven't been able to figure out a fix for the issue. It is related to the new server configuration and how either cookies or sessions are being implemented and saved in phpBB.

It's a weird issue. It seems that I can try to log in with the correct username and password and it won't allow me to log in until the captcha is filled out correctly. I'll take another look and see if I can figure out the core of the problem.
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! […]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!