FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shadowtski
I have a few CP on semi-permanent display at Milwaukee Maker Space, where I am a member.
I have a Drosera capensis "Red" in there and it was looking rather nice lately, so I grabbed my camera and grabbed a few shots of it.
This plant has a nice color and a nice size, look at the Quarter sitting next to the plant.
It is sitting under 3 Daylight LED bulbs, each a 100W equivalent. (about 45 watts total for the 3 of them)
Hopefully it will flower soon so we can get some "Red" seeds back in the seed bank.
Attachments:
D capensis Red 001.JPG
D capensis Red 001.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 2916 times
By Fly Trap Hunter
Hi Mike. What is Milwaukee Maker Space?
And the Capensis Red is definitely one I'd like to get. The standard and Big Pink dont do well here in Eastern NC in the heat. I have switched to mostly d. filliformis because its really hardy here. But I would like to see what the red does here. Thanks for the picture
By Shadowtski
Maker Space is an organization of mad scientists, Igors, and people who like to build things.
In Milwaukee, there is a building with metal and wood shops, both having cnc machines, a computer lab, 3d printing area, weld shop, and forge shop, pottery shop, craft and fabric shop, laser cutters , jewelry lab, electronics lab, Dalek and robot lab, and a few other areas I forget at the moment.

Remind me in Spring, sometime past mid April, and I'll get a leaf cutting of this plant to you.
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!