FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Joshuamarshall792
I got these guys from home Depot and the garden center assistant said they were just delivered, I could not believe my eyes and ears! They were in a box! They have been removed from the death cubes as soon as I got home, they are in a Rubbermaid container of RO water, they are really happy! I'm surprised! I'm keeping them indoors until it officially warms up outside, because we are still getting cold fronts unfortunately, BUT! I have very happy fly traps that I am acclimating to it's new home. The vfts in the green pot are named Seymour! The vfts in the brown pot are named Audry! Also I will include pictures! The plants will soon be going into the grow room just an fyi Image... Here you go I introduce the happy vfts from home Depot:

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
By Joshuamarshall792
Thanks! I chose the healthiest of them all and made sure they had no yellowing, flowers and none of that BS so I even tested a trap by feeding it and Seymour snapped closed very quick! They love the little Rollie Pollies I feed them and trust me it was a small one! Sadly Audrey didn't close on that bug! So idk, they are very happy too

By Joshuamarshall792
Here they are today! I found a utric, in the sphagnum moss which I was very surprised, extremely excited.... But I trimmed the non-functional traps off and I put the two vfts in one wide pot, that is a little bit of a size upgrade Image I also put the old stems and traps that are buried in some extra sphagnum moss that I had, then I had 1 division from the younger vft, which that division was a very small vft, the plant was about the size of a penny or a Nicole, they are pretty happy! They are all doing well, I give all my plants water from my RO system, they are thriving!ImageImageImageImageImage

By JoshDoe
So similar situation I bought these from Lowes for ridiculous low clearance of 50 cents and 1$ for a group of bare root muscipala, at the beginning of winter they were dying. But I turned 1 around the other seems completely dead. New to this I thought the grass like plant was an offshoot of the original plant. Are these Urticularia?
Attachments:
20200219_185009.jpg
20200219_185009.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 1616 times
20200219_184945.jpg
20200219_184945.jpg (1.91 MiB) Viewed 1616 times
20200219_185045.jpg
20200219_185045.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 1616 times
By Benny
Some high quality(to Home Depot's standard) flytraps there Joshuamarshall792!! And JoshDoe, as long as the flytraps are alive, I'd be willing to pay 50 cents for any quality they are in! :D
Healthy cephalotus?

Hi guys, it's me again and this time I'm want to k[…]

Mallowallows grow list

Good start. Just got my first "rose" a […]

Pings have brown tips

Not totally sure from the picture, but your pings […]

Sowing cobra lily seeds

Hi guys, I have some cobra lily seeds that ready t[…]

Seeking Pinguicula pumula

Looking for a couple of pumula plants in hopes of […]

What other plants do you grow?

Brief description and some pics of litchi tomato. […]

Welcome to the FlyTrapCare Community Seed Bank […]

Did I pull a leaf too early?

Hello everyone! I was pulling some black leaves of[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!