FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By StaatS+17+
Hey Everyone

I’ve read the rules in Seedbank and searched posts going back several years, although I can’t find a description of a non-giveaway post? Also, if I donate seeds, then what levels open up?

Thank you for helping a rookie. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Mark
By Jeeper
If you post, on any thread that isn't a 'give-away' thread, that is a non-giveaway post. So this thread is a non-giveaway post.

Mike T will probably respond, but I assume that any level opens up once seed is donated... I could be wrong, but it also allows you to request seed that was recently donated and not available yet for the general population of users.
By Shadowtski
Hello.
The previous answer is correct.
Before the Seed Bank started, many growers got rid of their excess seed by sponsoring Giveaways, either random number drawing or free for an SASE until the supply ran out.
Any post that is not a reply to one of these is a non-giveaway post.

My purpose in that rule is to encourage forum participation, not just sign up looking for freebies.

If you donate seed to the Seed Bank, you are eligible to request seed from any level, regardless of how long you have been a member. Donors also get to request from newly donated seed before it is available to the general membership.

Good Growing,
Mike

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!