FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
I was trying to update my grow list and noticed I can no longer edit it or any other posts. I tried logging out and back in but that didn't fix the issue. Has something changed or is it just me?
By riveraXVX
I noticed that when trying to edit my growlist today, about a week ago a spammer had come on to spam, i made a smartass reply back and then they deleted their original post which made it look like I had made the spam post (auto-bumped me to the top as if I made the post) I wonder if something wasnt changed on the backend to fix that, but also by mistake took away our edit our own post ability all together.

that is my "long background with web development" take on it at least bump one thing one way and another pops loose somewhere else haha
By Matt
riveraXVX wrote:I wonder if something wasnt changed on the backend to fix that
Yes it was. I hadn't considered the effect of not being able to edit grow lists. I'll see if I can figure out a way to allow it in that forum, but not in other forums.
Matt, Matt, Matt and 1 others liked this
By Grabba37
I can’t edit my growlist either.
By Matt
Sorry about the delay on this. I'm utterly swamped with work these days.

I've changed the settings so that people can edit again. I'll work on a more permanent solution to achieve the desired effect later.
Matt, Matt liked this
By PlantsWithTeeth_01
This seems to be a thing again? I just wrote a post and missed a few typos and it's kind of annoying that I can't go back and fix them - or at least I can't see an edit post option anymore?
By Cross
PlantsWithTeeth_01 wrote:This seems to be a thing again? I just wrote a post and missed a few typos and it's kind of annoying that I can't go back and fix them - or at least I can't see an edit post option anymore?
I can edit them and then it says it can't load modified post. I reload, then I hit save. Reload the page again and the change is there.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By Matt
PlantsWithTeeth_01 wrote:This seems to be a thing again?
Really? I tried with my account and with Leah's account and we were able to edit posts. However, we are both admins so maybe that makes it so we are able to always edit posts.

Can you PM me your login information and I will test with your account?
By Matt
PlantsWithTeeth_01 wrote:Maybe I just can't find the "edit" button with the layout? Have you got a screen capture of where you go to edit?
If on a computer or other device (not Taptalk), click the little gear icon with the downward arrow next to it in the top right corner of the post and then select "Edit Post". Screenshot attached.
Screenshot 2020-02-12 10.04.36.png
Screenshot 2020-02-12 10.04.36.png (194.6 KiB) Viewed 6966 times
By PlantsWithTeeth_01
Ohhhh, okay that worked. I thought I tried clicking on it before and nothing happened but it definitely works now. Part of me also saw the down arrow and thought it meant "downvote" XD Thanks Matt.
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!