FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By DTDream18
Just received this medium sized Ginormous in the mail today
from California Carnivores. Smallest plant I've ever bought and
I've purchased many flytraps from California Carnivores including
other ginormous at the same price. I've got seed growns from last year
just as big as this.

And to top it off I ordered and payed for 2 plants and they only sent
me one. At this point I'm feeling extremely disappointed. I just sent them
an email expressing my dissatisfaction.

Never ever again.
Attachments:
IMG_1119.JPG
IMG_1119.JPG (91.04 KiB) Viewed 5162 times
By Cross
WELL let me tell you. I ordered a ginormous from cc once. I got tinormous. ginormous. It was tiny. Smidge bigger than yours I think. I paid for a medium and got less than a starter. I'm going to see if I can find it.
Edit found it

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

By Coco
Those are tiny! However, I’m wondering if it’s that small due to it being dormant. I paid for a small one and got a medium sized Ginormous back in September. Here’s a pic of when I first received it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Cross
Coco wrote:Those are tiny! However, I’m wondering if it’s that small due to it being dormant. I paid for a small one and got a medium sized Ginormous back in September. Here’s a pic of when I first received it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No mine didn't grow much during the summer at all. I did get it in dormancy, but it really didn't grow much after that during the summer. It did grow, but I definitely won't say it was a medium size.

By DTDream18
One thing that surprised me is when I transplanted the plant it had no root system at all. As if it was just recently stuck into the mud pack that it came in.
By Cross
DTDream18 wrote:One thing that surprised me is when I transplanted the plant it had no root system at all. As if it was just recently stuck into the mud pack that it came in.
Wow that's crazy, mine had roots. Hopefully it'll be okay.

By DTDream18
Also there was none of the moss and other growth in the pot that you usually see from CC flytraps. Just a brown clump of densely pack peat . Like I said no root system. Like it was just planted.

And like I said on top of it I paid for 2 plants and only received one. I'm terribly disappointed. This plant in no way, shape or form resembles the photo of the product on their website.
Last edited by DTDream18 on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cross
DTDream18 wrote:Also there was none of the moss and other growth in the pot that you usually see from CC flytraps. Just a brown clump of densely pack peat . Like I said no root system. Like it was just planted.

And like I said on top of it I paid for 2 plants and only received one. I'm terribly disappointed.
I can't wait to hear their email

By DTDream18
I'm anxious to hear back from them. They are open for business on Sundays according to the website. Maybe they'll reply to me today.

It took almost a week before they actually shipped my plant. If they agree to ship me the missing plant I would hope that they would make it a priority and ship the replacement as soon as possible.
By Cross
DTDream18 wrote:I'm anxious to hear back from them. They are open for business on Sundays according to the website. Maybe they'll reply to me today.

It took almost a week before they actually shipped my plant. If they agree to ship me the missing plant I would hope that they would make it a priority and ship the replacement as soon as possible.
They better ship it or I'd argue with payal. More than likely they will though

By DTDream18
I'm sure that they'll ship me the missing plant. But I hope that they'll make it a priority. And I hope that it's larger than the first one.
By Coco
Cross wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:28 am No mine didn't grow much during the summer at all. I did get it in dormancy, but it really didn't grow much after that during the summer. It did grow, but I definitely won't say it was a medium size.
It's currently pretty small now since it lost all of it's summer leaves so I'm not too sure how it'll perform come spring time. During the growing season, I do give my flytraps a boost with freeze dried blood worms soaked in Maxsea and Scotts Disease Ex.
By Coco
DTDream18 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:24 pm Also there was none of the moss and other growth in the pot that you usually see from CC flytraps. Just a brown clump of densely pack peat . Like I said no root system. Like it was just planted.

And like I said on top of it I paid for 2 plants and only received one. I'm terribly disappointed. This plant in no way, shape or form resembles the photo of the product on their website.
I'm sorry to hear that you had a terrible experience with them. Their customer service is pretty spot on where I'm sure they'll send you an e-mail and compensate you. If I recall, they tend to reply during their business hours.
By DTDream18
I just received a phone call from CC. I think the guys name was Damon. ( kind of caught me by surprise ) . He apologised for the missing plant and said it's going out right away.

He also said that the plant is dormant and that's why it appears so small. And that they've been sending out Ginormous plants that size for years.

Whatever ... As long as I get the missing plant I'll be happy. We'll see what they grow into this summer.

But I doubt I'll be buying from them again.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!