FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
sanguinearocks101 wrote:And also when you go into a forum (ex. Tropical Pitcher Plants) there is a bunch of code on the top of the page.
Can you post a link to where you're seeing it?

It is probably just something that was there when I was doing some debugging a bit ago. But if it is still showing somewhere, I need to get rid of it!
By oval
Is there a way to see all "active topics" (as the old way had) instead of just the eight at the bottom of each page? I always feel like I am probably missing something everybody else already knows. :P
By evenwind
Old eyes again: I'm still finding it difficult to read the combination of the smallest font (like in the dates under the topic headings or the "Disable smilies" in the options or even the way my signature is showing up) and the light grey color. If the grey could be made a bit darker or the font a bit bigger, I think it would a lot easier to read.
By Matt
oval wrote:Is there a way to see all "active topics" (as the old way had) instead of just the eight at the bottom of each page? I always feel like I am probably missing something everybody else already knows.
I think this (image attached) what you might be looking for?:
Screenshot 2020-02-05 10.18.34.png
Screenshot 2020-02-05 10.18.34.png (202 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
By Matt
evenwind wrote:Old eyes again: I'm still finding it difficult to read the combination of the smallest font (like in the dates under the topic headings or the "Disable smilies" in the options or even the way my signature is showing up) and the light grey color. If the grey could be made a bit darker or the font a bit bigger, I think it would a lot easier to read.
Right. I think those things you mention are intentionally kept smaller and lighter because they shouldn't be the focus of the page or posts. At least that was the rationale that I came to.

The most important thing to be quick and easy to read is the content of the post. If everything is larger and darker, it might be a bit overwhelming to find the content easily.

To me, it kind of makes sense to keep the signatures and dates smaller so that the site doesn't look too cluttered. But maybe that's just me?

Also, the date font size is quite easy for me to read, at least on desktop view (haven't look much on my mobile device). The signature font size, not so much, as it is quite a bit smaller and lighter in color. But it isn't really relevant to most posts and it's certainly large enough to read. Any larger, and I think it might easily become distracting.

I do very much appreciate all of the feedback, so please keep it coming!
By Artchic528
I enjoy using Tapatalk, a mobile app that gathers all the forums into one big database for convenience, to access this forum and others. However, since the server change the Tapatalk version hasn't been working. I don't know if it even can be made to work with the current software, and it certainly doesn't necessarily need to be a high priority on the "To Do" list here, but I'd appreciate it if it were eventually looked into.
By twitcher
Thanks Matt, the larger size does help. Mostly remaining is the gray on light blue areas. I seem to lose some of that stuff as it fades togehter a bit.. I can live with this, however, and don't want you to makes changes that would make things more difficult or "tacky" for others. Any chance of an option to change/customize appearance for individual users? I looked for that and could not see one.
By tracieh
I just went into the search bar to look for some help with a problem and though it says there are 12+ pages of results it will only take me to the first page over and over again. I don't think this is on my end but it might be.
By Matt
Artchic528 wrote:I enjoy using Tapatalk, a mobile app that gathers all the forums into one big database for convenience, to access this forum and others. However, since the server change the Tapatalk version hasn't been working. I don't know if it even can be made to work with the current software, and it certainly doesn't necessarily need to be a high priority on the "To Do" list here, but I'd appreciate it if it were eventually looked into.
I reinstalled Tapatalke here and tested it. It seems to be working fine. I have seen others posting via Tapatalk too. What problem are you having exactly? Maybe you need to update the Tapatalk app or reconnect to the forum somehow?
twitcher wrote:Mostly remaining is the gray on light blue areas.
What areas are those? Can you share a link and/or a screenshot?
twitcher wrote:Any chance of an option to change/customize appearance for individual users?
This exists now. You can navigate to your control panel and under "Board Preferences" -> "Edit global settings" -> "My board style" you could choose prosilver instead of FLATBOOTS.

I only have 2 styles installed right now.

Also, you can always increase your font size on your own browser by hitting "Ctrl" + "+" buttons.
By Matt
tracieh wrote:I just went into the search bar to look for some help with a problem and though it says there are 12+ pages of results it will only take me to the first page over and over again. I don't think this is on my end but it might be.
Yeah, that's a known issue. The fix is coming soon.
By Artchic528
Matt, logged out and back in on Tapatalk and now it's working for me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

By Artchic528
Matt wrote:
Artchic528 wrote:Matt, logged out and back in on Tapatalk and now it's working for me.
Excellent news! Thanks for letting me know.
Your welcome, though I did see a wall of code when I pressed the send button.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

By Matt
Artchic528 wrote:Your welcome, though I did see a wall of code when I pressed the send button.
When was this? Just recently? Or is it happening repeatedly?

Could have been something I was working on at the time you posted...

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!