FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By jpappy789
twitcher wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:58 am Maybe I'm missing it, but can't find the PM area.
Click on the profile and then there is a chat bubble icon to send a PM. If you click on your own "control panel", there is also a tab for PMs.
By Matt
Shadowtski wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pm A direct link to the FTC Community Seed Bank would be nice but is certainly not a necessity.
That's easy to do as well!

Shadowtski wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pmAlso, there used to be a link where you could pm with quote to a member, regarding their post. I used to use that for seed bank PMs.
Hmm, yeah, I wonder why it isn't in the new version now? I don't recall if it was a modification I made or not. I'll look into how to bring it back.

Shadowtski wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:21 pmThank you for all the work you put into the upgrade!
Mike
My pleasure to be the "enabler" here to allow people to have some fun with the hobby!!!
By _-SphagnumFromHell-_
Ah! Change! My worst enemy!

Oh well I'll get used to it. As a matter of fact, I feel this place was needing some revamping. So I'm looking forward for new stuff.

As for now, so far the only thing that I think could be tweaked is the top of the front page, the flytrap pajama-pants pattern is a little cluttered and the layout is awkward. I think you could move the used log in thing at the top corner instead of being under the menu selections. Glad you kept the smilies though ;)
By Matt
twitcher wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:58 am Maybe I'm missing it, but can't find the PM area.
Click on the top right corner "Welcome, twitcher" and then in the drop-down menu select "All caught up! Compose a new PM"
By twitcher
Thank you for the responses.

Like evenwind, I find the font choices, size and color scheme, to be harder to read. Admittedly, I do not have the best eyes these days, but did find the previous incarnation of the forum to be easier to read. Otherwise, OK.
By Matt
twitcher wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:55 am Thank you for the responses.

Like evenwind, I find the font choices, size and color scheme, to be harder to read. Admittedly, I do not have the best eyes these days, but did find the previous incarnation of the forum to be easier to read. Otherwise, OK.
I agree. Yesterday I or Sunday made the font quite a bit larger and darker in most places. It is much easier to read now for me. Did you notice the change? If not, you might need to do a hard refresh to clear the cached styling files from your browser to see the new changes.

If you still think it is hard to read in places, please let me know where and I can try to change it to be easier to read.
By nimbulan
It took me a few days to figure out what was going on, when the site's old RSS feed was giving me an error about the server being down. I found the new one though and everything is good.

I do find it rather odd that the new default avatar is a skull though.
By Artchic528
I was trying to navigate the forums just now and noticed that when I click on a subforum to browse, I get an error (it says "http error 500"). However, the links to threads themselves work, granted I can only get to the most recent thread displayed in each subforum. Maybe there is something wrong with the html somewhere?

EDIT: Whatever it was, it's now fixed. So disregard this post.
By Matt
nimbulan wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:17 pm I do find it rather odd that the new default avatar is a skull though.
I do too! I don't know why that is, but I can look into making it something else more CP related :)
By Matt
Artchic528 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:34 pm I was trying to navigate the forums just now and noticed that when I click on a subforum to browse, I get an error (it says "http error 500"). However, the links to threads themselves work, granted I can only get to the most recent thread displayed in each subforum. Maybe there is something wrong with the html somewhere?

EDIT: Whatever it was, it's now fixed. So disregard this post.
Yeah, I will be actively working on the server for a while and when I have to restart some of the web server software, it will throw errors if trying to access a page right then.
By Matt
OK, the "Your Posts" link should work now, however, there appears also to be a problem with pagination. When I click on any page number in the list of posts, it always stays on page 1. I am looking for a fix...
alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

*Phew* Okay, hadn't updated this is awhile. :l[…]

Well.. its been a few weeks. I've watched my dog l[…]

All Mineral Media

I just got the Pinguicula soil mix from CalCarn […]

Counting to infinity.

FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!