FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By ManFromAnAntiqueLand
Just got back into growing CP a couple years ago and I'm excited for spring. Deep in dormancy here! Everything is snipped and tucked away in the garage, which tends to stay at a chilly 35-40F. A small windowsill collection maintains my obsession.

I grow mostly Sarrs and VFT, total collection is a modest 50-60 plants, though I've been lurking and am green with envy for some of the collections here.

Any other CO growers around?
By Bobioden
Hi there, I am from Denver also. I was wondering when you put your plants outside? Does the Hot, Dry climate make a big difference with the Flytraps? I bought all my plants since Nov, they are all dormant now, and can't wait to get them outside and growing.

Bob
By Matt
Bobioden wrote:I am from Denver also. I was wondering when you put your plants outside? Does the Hot, Dry climate make a big difference with the Flytraps?
When I lived in Boulder (same climate), I would move my plants outside in May or when there wasn't any chance of frost anymore. Seemed to work great. The flytraps didn't mind the hot, dry climate much. When it got really hot, sometimes they'd sulk. But it is much hotter and drier where we live now in Oregon and I'm still growing outdoors.

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!