FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Artchic528
sanguinearocks101 wrote:I have a Venus Flytrap and it wont go dormant in the coldest place in my house. I want to try my refrigerator but I am afraid it is too cold. Is 39.3 degrees Fahrenheit to cold?
No.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Artchic528 liked this
By tommyr
sanguinearocks101 wrote:I have a Venus Flytrap and it wont go dormant in the coldest place in my house. I want to try my refrigerator but I am afraid it is too cold. Is 39.3 degrees Fahrenheit to cold?
39 F. is perfect. They can actually go a bit lower than that but I've been doing fridge dormancy for 12 years with no problems at all. My fridge is 40F. It's getting a bit late in the season now though.
tommyr liked this
By DesertPat
I keep my flytraps outside basically all year long. I only start worrying about temperature when it drops below 20°F. I take them into the garage if temperatures dip much lower than that but they are fine to that point.

Patrick
DesertPat liked this
By sbrooks
You can keep it in a place where it is only receiving natural light, or manipulate the light (cover it up, etc.) so that it's around 9-10 hours a day. Water it with refrigerated water, or place an ice pack in a container below the flytrap bottom tray, careful not to freeze anything, but to help keep the medium a little cooler overall.
If outside is too cold for permanent placement, keep it out there when above freezing, and bring it in when below freezing, but keep the natural light cycle intact as much as possible.
New in ctv

I am new on this page i hope learn more about in v[…]

Confirm My Suspicions Please

Remove the baby division in the winter and pot it […]

upcycling food containers

IIRC most banana cultivars are sterile, or only p[…]

Dog Pee

I tried to avoid issues with my dog's urine harmin[…]

Thank you all for your assistance with my problem,[…]

S. 'Hot Lips' x 'Kraken'

This is the first Sarr that I got from Xanthoparme[…]

Nepenthes Ventricosa x Lowii 'red'

My last tobaica leaf jump was double, and the four[…]

Sigh. I thought they would be okay given that they[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!