Moderator: Matt

By mouthstofeed
#1 : Optique
#2 :cross- me next, thanks!
#3 :Herbz187 thanks
#4 o_Gon thank you
#5 :GranPa Walt ~ Thanks
#6 : mouthstofeed woot I got in!

Edit: D'oh! How can you do this to a man? Put it out there and then just crush his dreams.
By ChefDean
mouthstofeed wrote:#1 : Optique
#4 o_Gon thank you

Edit: D'oh! How can you do this to a man? Put it out there and then just crush his dreams.
Well, maybe I can raise your spirits.
I have been keeping the plant well fed, and it surprised me by putting up a second flower stalk. I will have more seeds soon, and I'll hit you up so you can have the first seeds collected.
The 2 pics in this thread are of the first seeds collected, and you can see how well they did. Those pics are about 2 1/2 weeks after sowing, so germination was at about 2 weeks.
I got you bro!
ChefDean liked this
By mouthstofeed
ChefDean wrote:
mouthstofeed wrote:#1 : Optique
#4 o_Gon thank you

Well, maybe I can raise your spirits.
I have been keeping the plant well fed, and it surprised me by putting up a second flower stalk. I will have more seeds soon, and I'll hit you up so you can have the first seeds collected.
The 2 pics in this thread are of the first seeds collected, and you can see how well they did. Those pics are about 2 1/2 weeks after sowing, so germination was at about 2 weeks.
I got you bro!
Yay! Saved by a second flower stalk.
mouthstofeed liked this
By optique
got the seeds in the mail had this big 8in pot ready and waiting, but i messed up on dumping seeds and they only take up 20% of the pot =p
optique liked this
By ChefDean
optique wrote:got the seeds in the mail had this big 8in pot ready and waiting, but i messed up on dumping seeds and they only take up 20% of the pot =p
That's OK, they grow. Within about 3 months or so you'll be moving some over to make room for the others. I think you'll be happy.
By optique
I noticed countless green specs everywhere today. How developed do they need to be to start hardening them off?
By ChefDean
optique wrote:I noticed countless green specs everywhere today. How developed do they need to be to start hardening them off?
Honestly, I never covered mine. Capes are a tough plant to kill at any stage, you'd gave to try hard or neglect them horribly. I'd just pull the cover and keep them wet.
Here's some that I sowed for a neighbor about 5 weeks after sowing and were never covered.
Picture_20190524010523.jpg
Picture_20190524010523.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 2970 times
If, by some chance, something happens after pulling the cover and they perish, let me know. I have 2 more flower stalks, 1 has seed being harvested right now, and I can send you more seed.

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Not what you would expect...

The old trailer is kinda spooky as it is, withou[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!