FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
Greetings everyone. havent been active on these forums in a number of years, and i'm just about to move into a new house where it might be possible for me to resume this hobby for a while.

I have more money at my disposal now (lol) and more private space, so i want to set something up to do it right (IE, maybe not so much leaving crap on the windowsil, leaving stuff without proper climate control etc).
i'm wondering if anyone has had luck with the following;

Minimal grow lights close to the cultures- i am thinking of setting up rather weak LED strips or an array of LED bayonett bulbs in close proximity to the cultures

Small area climate control-
it would be good to have a small device to cool a small area or single room to a certain temperature without having an excessive power bill for running A/C constantly... i was thinking disassembling a fridge, or even just leaving a fridge open into a small space with some sort of thermal trigger

cheers
By jasonh
I was suggested 1000 lm per sqft, and Bridgelux EB gen 2 280mm is a great candidate for that.

What does your room temperature look like? As long as it's around 65-75 there shouldn't be any problem, unless you are looking at certain species; even then some temperature sensitive plants grow just fine in TC under room temperature (e.g. tuberous droseras)
By Mufasa
live in AUS, dont know what temperature the room could get to, but i'd assume about 35c max in summer. im thinking of getting a bar fridge and a thermal contoller, and have some pipes and fans ducted through the fridge onto the shelves for when it gets over say 28c
Repotting carnivorous plants

Looks OK to me. Where did you get you Cobra Lily? […]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!