FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Reddawn88
Hey Guys! So I bought a nepenthes Miranda from carnivorous plant nursery about a month ago that came bare root and I planted it along with six other different types of nepenthes . So far this is the only one that is acting up and I first thought it was getting sunburn being on the south side of the house. But being that I live in Ohio this time of year it isn’t really too sunny out . Temps rage from 75 day to 60 at night. Humidity is on the high side 90~99% which I am working on correcting with a bigger greenhouse and trying to figure out how to get a small window fan to act as a circulator for air. At first the leaves are all green with one being red splashed. Then about a 12 days ago it started turning yellowish like it was sunburnt and now they are red with some black in them. What is this transplant shock or something I have to quarantine it from The others??
By Reddawn88
For whatever reason my phone is not letting me have access to my photos but I can take Live Photos and add them, so this is what it looks like in its current state. The Reding begin on the lowest leaves and moved up. The newest growth though so far is still bright green and healthy looking. It had Redding on its lowest leaves when I got it. If I can get my phot to upload earlier photos I will post those as well !
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 2125 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2125 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.72 MiB) Viewed 2125 times
By optique
I got my Miranda from them too, months ago along with a lady luck. the lady luck took about two months to recover and the Miranda is just now putting out new leaves no pitchers yet.

I have received reships from BE that recovered in a month. I do not think the poor health of CPN plants is caused by shipping. I also have gotten nothing but small weak like no dormancy weak sarracenia from them and will not buy from them anymore.

The Miranda today
By Reddawn88
So did yours get just equally as bad as mine is going over the course of a month ? And does this look like transplant shock do you ??
By WhenPlantsAttack
I got two x Suki from them bare root. Took them over a month to produce new pitchers. Both doing well now. Mine are in a 20 gal long with led grow lights.

It’s been down to the low 40F here in Northwest Ohio.

Didn’t find a photo from the day I got them. The last photo was how they looked producing new leaves. The pitchers just sat in suspended animation for a long time. Then, pop!

It maybe transplant shock. I’ve lucked out and have had good results from
bare root Nepenthes. I have and a couple x ventrata that the lower leaves died right away. However, those came from a greenhouse that was allowing them to get bone dry before watering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By optique
It was just super shocked and all tendrils were crispy on delivery.

I found a old photo from july 5th and recreated the line up with same plants today.

the Miranda is bottom right

July 5th

Oct 26th

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!