FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
I looked at it when you first posted but I though someone else would chime in.

There is no info on the spectrums which is extremely important when using LEDs. Just because it's called a grow light doesn't mean much. Even if the spectrums were correct, the red/blue balance is way off.

It's only rated at 7 watts(probably running at 3 watts) so it's not very bright. I would not buy that light.
Smooter80 liked this
By hollyhock
Depending on how many plants that you have I use these bulbs for mine if I must grow them inside.. I use a clamp socket with a reflector bowl.. and have it about 8 inches above the plants. If you have numerous plants then you will probably be better off investing in a larger lighting fixture. This combination set up is under $20...
Attachments:
Z0wLt-ocpEx_.JPG
Z0wLt-ocpEx_.JPG (12.46 KiB) Viewed 4305 times
901892.jpg
901892.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 4305 times
hollyhock liked this
By bcastagna
hollyhock wrote:Depending on how many plants that you have I use these bulbs for mine if I must grow them inside.. I use a clamp socket with a reflector bowl.. and have it about 8 inches above the plants. If you have numerous plants then you will probably be better off investing in a larger lighting fixture. This combination set up is under $20...
I want to buy this same product, where can I get one?
By jpappy789
bcastagna wrote:
hollyhock wrote:Depending on how many plants that you have I use these bulbs for mine if I must grow them inside.. I use a clamp socket with a reflector bowl.. and have it about 8 inches above the plants. If you have numerous plants then you will probably be better off investing in a larger lighting fixture. This combination set up is under $20...
I want to buy this same product, where can I get one?
Old topic being bumped, but I'll chime in...

If you're looking for a simple clamp light socket and CFL/LED screw-in bulb you can get them at basically any hardware store, at least in the U.S.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!