FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By DeanR
If you have a lil seed, I would gladly like to purchase some, can accommodate any species with my equipment, see below if you want to read for awhile :-)

Howdy all! New person around here, caught the bug and I've spent a lot of time on the forums as well as the main page doing a lot of research. I have already received some red VFT seeds and have a couple plants and more seeds that I just ordered from the flytrap store.

Choosing the flytrap store to order my traps from was a no-brainer just looking in from the outside seeing the dedication. It was a little harder trying to settle on a place to purchase my nepenthes from, as there were a few that all seemed around the same caliber. I ended up choosing predatory plants due to watching some of their YouTube videos.

I have a couple grow tents, multiple T5 lights as well as the newer LEC bulbs (highly recommended). Humidifiers, dehumidifiers, seedling mats with soil probe thermostats and exhaust fans... so I can accommodate any type of nepenthes....

I ended up only ordering two plants from the flytrap store and 2 nepenthes from the predatory plants store as I would prefer to take my time and grow these plants from seed. Wasn't too hard to find Venus flytrap seeds that I knew would be legitimate. But I wasted almost 4 hours last night and this morning trying to find the nepenthes seeds where I knew what I was buying was going to be the right thing and still viable. Can anyone help me out :-)

I have no problem paying for the seeds and shipment as I could have gone to work today at a customer's house and made enough money to grow plenty :-) just getting worn out hitting dead ends online
By mcgrumpers
Hi! I bought nepenthes seeds from triffid nursery. They're in the UK but can ship seeds to the US. They haven't germinated yet so I can't verify they work, but I've only found good reviews of triffid so I'm optimistic about them.

Out of curiosity, what LEC light are you using? What seedling mat with soil probe thermostat did you buy?
By optique
The SK guy selling pods i looked his store over and i find it very suspect. If he is selling "seed pods" from 30+ species then he really has a lot of matched male/female plants. His main cash maker should be selling hybrids, yet he is not selling them.
By optique
I said i find it suspect, i would have to place a order to find out. All the VFT seeds he is selling as cultivars alone would warn me off.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!