FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By pcam86
Hi guys,

Having trouble finding a safe brand of pesticides to use on my VFT, sundew and pitcher plant seedlings. They've only just germinated. I live in the UK.

I'm growing my plants under a grow light in my bedroom but have noticed LOTS of spring tails and some other small black insects all over my plants (they're also walking around on the water in the trays)

They're now making me itch so i wanted to get something to get rid of them if possible
By tracieh
I was just about to make a post almost exactly like this one. I have fungus gnat larvae- little clear worms- all over my pitcher plant seed container. It was suggested to me to use something called a mosquito dunk. I have it soaking right now. I can update you if it works or not in a few days. I am on the lookout for backup options just in case! Not sure if a mosquito dunk would take care of what you have or not though!
By Jeeper
Mosquito dunks do work, but it won't be immediate. They are made with a bacteria that will infect the larvae and cause them to not complete their live cycle. They're better if you use the tray method, you just crumble one up and throw it in the tray.
Not what you would expect...

The guy who lived across from me has an electric[…]

You live in Siberia??? :shock:

I don't know about proven, but I've kept mine seal[…]

rustoleum 2x painters touch, but i do touch them u[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

worm in substrate?

Yes. It looks like a fungus gnat larvae to me as[…]

Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!