FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By yaboyguzmas
Jello again it's me that vaguely annoying guy with alot of names! Anyways I require your fern knowledge. I currently have 2 ferns with me and in completely bedazzled at there care guides. So I'm going to ask for your assistance. Any tips of the trade are welcome
By optique
I only have 1 its in 1:1 peat:perlite I keep it moist and it grows.

By That one plant boi
What kind of ferns do you have, and where did you get them? If you got them from a place like Lowe's, home depot, or a flea market, they're most likely Boston/Mocho ferns. These ferns are pretty easy to care for. They like indirect, medium to bright light. Direct sun will most definitely scorch most ferns, so if you're growing outside, be careful with the amount of lighting you give them. As for water, they enjoy having their soil moist (not wet) at all times. They also enjoy having higher humidity then most house plants but they should adapt to a household type of climate. As for soil, I believe you can find some specifically designed for ferns at home depot or other such places. And that's about it for growing most ferns. I have a Mocho fern that grows outside here in Florida under a shade tree along with some orchids and nepenthes, and it seems to love it. All I've got to do is water it every once in a while.

I hope this helped!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!