FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By edina
Does anyone know where to buy glass or garlic snails? There is a lady in one of the CP groups I’m in on FB who has them roaming her lava rocks with pings on them and I think they’re awesome! She said her snails came on the plants she got from California Carnivores but they don’t have any pings I currently want so I’m waiting to order from them and wanted to see if anyone on here knows where to get those snails from directly? When I google it I just find recipes for garlic snails lol not quite what I’m looking for :)
By SundewWolf
The snail market/hobby is extremely underdeveloped in the USA since it's illegal for snails to cross state lines. They have USDA people monitoring groups, eBay, and trying to set people up by posing as interested buyers, etc. Of course the giant african land snails are also illegal, which prevents the hobby from getting more "mainstream attention". With a very small interest from the public and the restrictive gov regulations there really isn't a tempting reason fro anyone to set up any kind of online pet snail store in the USA.

But all that being said, shipping them within state lines is legal, and the glass snails/some other tiny ones that won't harm plants are pretty common in most states. There is a group on Facebook - Snail Enthusiasts USA you can join an inquire if anyone has any to sell in your state. This way the transaction would be legal.
N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!