FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Natedawg
I'm looking for a simple programmable thermostat that will heat and cool a germination chamber. I am actually attempting germinate drosera capensis seeds and be able to do anything else in the future. All of the simple tstats i can find have either heat or cool mode, not both at the same time. I would like to be able to set a separate day and night time temp, then have it control the heating and cooling as necessary without me having to manually flip the switch. A tstat with a remote probe would be plus also. I would think this would be a both simple and cheap device. Any suggestions would be great.

I see that due to lag I ended up posting this three times... :|
By Shadowtski
There are many options, from industrial temperature controllers to a DIY Raspberry Pi setup.

Maybe the simplest option is to check out the programmable heating/cooling plant growing thermostats at Amazon.com.

Inkbird makes a line of reasonably priced controllers.
$35 basic unit. About $50 if you want WIFI remote monitoring and bells and whistles.
Here is a nice example: https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Max-1200 ... 3NFQ1&th=1

Good growing,
Mike
By Natedawg
Thanks Mike, that is getting closer to what I am looking for. The Inkbird device doesn't have time settings for having different setpoints at different times however, such as having it at 80F during the day and 65F at night for example. It appears to just have a single high and low setting. I guess I am looking for home tstat with cooling and heating and a remote probe.

Hey gang! So I think the humidifier I have is goi[…]

Not what you would expect...

Nothing to do with the condiment cup/urine sample.[…]

Advice On Using Pool

Agreed. Simply setting all your plants in them as-[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!