FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By afh928
Just wanted to give you all a heads up...when i joined FTC it was summer, i was unemployed, and i had ALOT of time on my hands to post and spend time on here. Well, now i have a really good job which keeps me busy and me and my fiancee have been sticking to our workout regimen so obviously...i have had ALOT less time to check in on the forums. Plus all my plants are pretty much down for the season now, so besides keeping up with their water trays and trimming dead leaves, there just isn't a hell of alot to do, lol! I am still very proud of my moderator status and i very much treasure my place a s part of the FTC family, it is pretty much just the simple fact that as the seasons have changed, so has the amount of extra time i have, lol. So i am still here, and i still check in here and there...but i just wanted to let you guys know why it might be a bit less than it was earlier this year. Good thing is...this growing season was an enormous success for me and i feel one step closer to our goal of having our own nursery one day! So thats it, just wanted to let everyone know where i am at!

aaron :mrgreen:
By Steve_D
Thanks for the update, Aaron.

With your energy, enthusiasm for carnivorous plants and personable nature with other people, you ought to do well with a nursery.

One of the things I have done here in my area of New Mexico is to take a few plants to show classes of students of various ages, and it always generates a lot of interest.

In addition, all you have to do is meet a friend who is wab-savvy (if you are not technically inclined yourself to build and maintain a website) and you can have a great online website and store for your Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

I hope you and your fiancee have a great winter, and hope to see you here at FlytrapCare.com from time to time. :)

Steve
By afh928
Thanks SO much Steve-O, you ahve been really supportive ever since i first mentioned the nursery thing and i appreciate it SO much. I'm hoping to be able to drop in a bit more often soon, ive just been really busy lately and i felt bad cause i haven't been quite as active as i have been before. It seems to happen to all of us from time to time though, lol. Thanks again for the well-wishes Steve-O, your support is very validating and you are definitely an inspiration. :mrgreen:
By afh928
Oh, and i FULLY plan on going to schools and such, i have quite a few things up my sleeve for when the time is right! Gotta get a couple more years under my belt first though!
By Veronis
Good to hear from you bro. Was wondering where you've been.

Congrats on the job. :)
By dionaea muscipula
awesome man, good luck with your new job and dude your just so awesome...i cant really think of anything to say i am a bit sleepy...

good luck!

Omar,
By afh928
Thanks for the kind words guys, it is greatly appreciated! Now that i am talking about it i am going to do what i can to make a little more time for the forum, and just FYI...i finally finished reading the Savage Garden...wow...what a book! :mrgreen:
By Veronis
afh928 wrote:i finally finished reading the Savage Garden...wow...what a book! :mrgreen:
That was my first CP book, and imo still the best all-in-one paperback source for CP growing.
By Matt
Hey Aaron, glad to see you back on now, even if it's just for a bit. I totally get the "BUSY" thing in life. I've got a ton of things going on right now too and finding time to do all the things I want to do is getting harder and harder. But I do hope that you drop in more often. I sure do miss your contagious enthusiasm and energy on the forums.
By afh928
Thanks Matt, i appreciate it very much! Yeah, i am slowly adjusting and finding more time for everything...i'm sure you can relate, every now and again we get into this hurried routine and we feel like we have no time for anything, but in reality were really just temporarily overwhelmed. I mean, i am commenting on a post i made about not having time to comment on posts...lol...so i guess i'm getting back in the groove! Plus, i have come down with something downright awful so i will probably be around plenty this weekend.

I am really happy to know that my enthusiasm is appreciated around here, sometimes i annoy MYSELF, lol. :mrgreen:
By afh928
Well, looks like im back in the fold lol! :mrgreen:
Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, I just wanted your thoughts on Dionaea m.[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!