FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Onkyo
Hello! I’m new to this forum and new to butterworts. I’ve owned this moranensis for only two months and it has suffered several of transformations and I’m unsure what I’m doing wrong.

This is how it looked when I first got it:
I watered 2 or 3 times per week and I had it on a sunny windowsill where I’ve successfully been growing two nepenthes with indirect sunlight. My humidity is about 30%-60%

This is how it started looking after a month:

It’s worth noting that it bloomed two times under my care in this period so I thought everything was fine but the leaves always looked dry to me and it didn’t produce as much mucilage as when I first got it.

This is how it looked when I first put it on a lava rock:
This is how it looks now:
I don’t know if it’s dehydrated or going dormant or just adjusting to the rock but I don’t want it to die. Any advice will be much appreciated!!

Btw, it’s been on the rock for three weeks now.
By Onkyo
Huntsmanshorn wrote:Your plant looks fine, just heading into it's "dormancy" phase.
So should I let ir dry a bit between watering? It’s on a rock so I don’t really water it, it’s always sitting on water.
By jeff
Bonjour

how do you water it and according to what periodicity ?

for me on the one hand I prefer and by far the first place where she was, and moreover I find the center of the rosette is a little dark ,then rot or not, the following will tell us
By Onkyo
jeff wrote:Bonjour

how do you water it and according to what periodicity ?

for me on the one hand I prefer and by far the first place where she was, and moreover I find the center of the rosette is a little dark ,then rot or not, the following will tell us
I used to water it two or three times per week putting the pot on a recipient with distilled water. Now in the rock it sits in water all the time and I refill when the water level gets very low.
Update:

I don’t think it’s rotting.
By Onkyo
Update:

It seems to be doing better but I’m still unsure if its dormant or not. It seems to be growing two types of leaves?

Anyway, I reduced watering to see what was the response and it seems fine so far.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!