FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Hyenafan
Hi, it's been a long time since I've been on here. The last time I had carnivorous plants was 3 years ago when my dog died. I kind of let everything die after that because it was just too hard going out there knowing there was no weenie dog to hang out with.

But I think I'm finally ready now. I've actually had two tropical pitcher plants (N. ventrata) for two years because I saw them at Home Depot and we were having a tiny fly problem at the time. Well, I also got a Venus Flytrap more recently and put it along with the pitcher plants (and an orchid) in a tank with a tiny humidifier and a plant light I got. The pitcher plants have been doing great and are finally growing pitchers again after two years of not having them. But the flytrap is slowly dying from not enough light.

I can't put it outside because it's LA and all my previous plants have died from overheating in the summer. But I've also had this styrofoam cooler for years that I've wanted to put a bunch of plants in. I think it'll be enough to keep it from burning to death. But I can't just put one plant in there. And I've wanted to get my pitcher plants that I use to love back. I was going to wait a bit before I got more plants, but I don't want this plant to die.

So, I'm looking for these plants:

S. minor
S. leucophylla
Tarnok
" Judith Hindle or Dana's Delight
S. purpurea
S. psittacina

random ones
random venus flytraps.

I'd also like Cape sundews, but I remember people telling me they couldn't be put together with these ones. I guess because the other ones hibernate. So I'd only want them right now if they can all go together.

I'm hoping I can get them cheaper from someone here than from ebay or something. I also need to buy peat moss and put holes in the cooler, but that's easy enough once I know that I actually have plants to put in it.
By Hyenafan
Still looking for S. minor and the leucophyllas.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!