FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By mcgrumpers
I'm going to try various different setups for my neps and I'm interested in tracking temperature and humidity to see if I'm doing things correctly.

How do you measure and track temperature and humidity in your nep setups?

I have a general idea on how I can build a temperature/humidity monitor from basic components (sensors + a raspberry pi) but I wanted to see if anyone here has used an already existing monitor.
By dtyburgess
I just bought a SensorPush devise and are blown away by it (im not affiliated with the company, just a huge fan)
It connects to an app via Bluetooth or wifi with the extra wifi devise (i havent gone that far and just, the devise downloads to the phone when i walk in the door)
You can buy multiple devises and have the app looking and collecting data from all simultaneously.
You can also set alarms for high/low levels.
The graph read out is really clean and easy to use and you can save and download the data file.
Ive only had it 4-5 days but so far, cant fault it.
Am I carrying on too much? I love a good data set ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By mcgrumpers
dtyburgess: SensorPush is exactly what I was looking for! I wish it supported wifi without the gateway (though supporting wifi directly would consume too much battery so I can see why they designed it that way). I may try to experiment with a cheap custom built solution and then fall back to SensorPush if anything goes wrong.

By the way, how many sensors do you have in your set up?

Alderas: That's certainly a pragmatic solution. I'm interested in 24/7 monitoring (possibly with alerts should temperatures turn extreme), and I'm a bit of a data nerd, which is why I'm looking for something less pragmatic :)

Thank you both for the info.
By dtyburgess
Just the one sensor at the moment. Im just going to move it around the tank week at a time and overlay the results.
The units are pretty pricey here in Australia so multiple are expensive.
The one detractor is that the unit is hard to disguise in a terrarium as the unit is a bit gregarious, my tank is set up as a show piece in the lounge room.
Im thinking a cork facade solution to hide it, i just have to figure out the sensor location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

Finally

Finally getting some adult shaped pitchers after m[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!