FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By optique
looking at the sales add and also the other things they have listed i don't think many people would buy anything from that seller anyway.

i love the care instructions look at last step 5. After planting for 2 weeks, always use fertilizer.

and WTF is "Claw soil" not even google knows?

nothing they mail to US or EU will make it alive anyway so being paypal only this product is doomed
By Nepotolous
optique wrote:looking at the sales add and also the other things they have listed i don't think many people would buy anything from that seller anyway.

i love the care instructions look at last step 5. After planting for 2 weeks, always use fertilizer.

and WTF is "Claw soil" not even google knows?

nothing they mail to US or EU will make it alive anyway so being paypal only this product is doomed
True that... also have no idea what claw soil is. And I think the first picture is of a ventricosa pitcher and third being ventrata. But the actual plants don't look much like either. Even though it says mirabilis in the description...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
By nimbulan
Yeah those are poached. It's pretty typical to just see a pile of uprooted plants on a tile floor like that. This is the first time I've seen a Thai poacher on eBay though, it's almost always Indonesia.
By SundewWolf
Yup, there usually isn't any reason for a seller to bare root the plants for the sale pictures....unless they just dug them up from the wild and need to sell them quick without wasting money on pots. The other pictures are just random Nep pics grabbed from the internet to make the listing more interesting.

I saw the same situation with sarracenia before, in fact one of them was supposedly Oreophila for a very cheap price (Like $10 at most) but I passed because I felt bad about supporting potential poaching. I mean, hey, it could have been "On their property" like they claim, but more likely that's a convenient, easy excuse.

If anything, you can report it to eBay. I believe there is some designation for wildlife/poaching under the report a concern section. I did it once with another Nep seller.
By nimbulan
SundewWolf wrote:If anything, you can report it to eBay. I believe there is some designation for wildlife/poaching under the report a concern section. I did it once with another Nep seller.
Unfortunately eBay only has an option for animal poaching, not plant poaching, so I tend to select "other prohibited material" under the wildlife section. And they don't let you type an explanation in about why you're making the report so it's difficult to actually get them to do anything.
By PlantsWithTeeth_01
That makes me sad. It could be worth contacting eBay directly to inform them about plant poaching as a general practice, and advising they add more options for reporting. It could have an effect.

Sadly even if they were reported they may just make another account, but worth trying nonetheless.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!