FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Rusty-Shackleford
I ask this because most sundews I own will create another crown every so often on their own. I have had no such luck with the Falconeri. So I was curious if anyone had experience or insight. Also, if there is a way to word the question better or more accurate feel free to tell me. Thank you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
By Rusty-Shackleford
Thank you,I figured it was most propagated through pullings. Division was the word I was looking for natural propagation. I was just hoping because I know wooly sundews have a low chance from leaf pullings.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
By SundewWolf
I started with one falconeri two years ago and now I have 16. Mine divides just like a venus flytrap, or even slightly better than a VFT.

Unfortunately, I don't know why. I just set up a junky 10 gallon terrarium with a water basin heated by a fish tank heater with plastic wrap as the "lid" and a crappy LED on top. I feed them sparingly with MaxSea since I hate unwrapping and re-wrapping all the moist plastic wrap. I also remember I was told they rarely divide which is why they aren't so common, but my plants don't really follow that.
By SundewWolf
Also it may be worth mentioning that my pertiolaris terrarium is usually 85-90*F year round. In the winter time I give them a bit of a "break" by setting the heater on a cycle where it's off at night, so then they cycle between 73*F-85*F for three months.

I forgot what the official recommendation is but I usually just try to heat mine up as much as I can.
Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You might want to try searching for online plant s[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I got this baby in one of HH contests I believe li[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!