FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Trapper Kay
Just got these seeds in the mail and I can’t wait to sow them :)

I’ll be using 2 methods: the distilled water in test tube and sowing them on top finally chopped NZLFSM.

Can’t wait to get started but it will have to wait till morning <3

Any suggestions or opinions are valued greatly<3
:)

I do have some capensis “typicals” that I’ve successfully grown from seed, so in theory if I offer the same care and environment these should germinate, hopefully! Lol
Attachments:
30 D. x ‘hercules’
30 D. x ‘hercules’
2C29E150-492E-48A9-931D-EAD4472AFC4B.jpeg (2.86 MiB) Viewed 5187 times
Trapper Kay liked this
By yardleyq1987
Hey I sowed mine yesterday too. Updating each other on this post would be cool. I have 1 more flower stalk that's still not done, so more seeds to come.
By Trapper Kay
yardleyq1987 wrote:Hey I sowed mine yesterday too. Updating each other on this post would be cool. I have 1 more flower stalk that's still not done, so more seeds to come.
I sowed mine today :)

That is an awesome idea, I’m down! I got a lot of seed so I put some in a test tube with distilled water and some on top of some finely chopped sphagnum moss. I’ll save the rest for later in case they all germinate lol that’s what happened with my typicals and then I ran out of room lol.

That’s so awesome yours has flower stalks :) Keep me updated and I’ll do the same
By yardleyq1987
Mine are sowed in a peat/perlite mixture. Once the second stalk is ready for more seeds, ill try the LFSM method (chopped would be a great idea) as well. If they do germinate, separating them will be a mess, but no job is turned down by me haha best of luck and i'll be updating this as soon as I see a sprout.
By Trapper Kay
yardleyq1987 wrote:Mine are sowed in a peat/perlite mixture. Once the second stalk is ready for more seeds, ill try the LFSM method (chopped would be a great idea) as well. If they do germinate, separating them will be a mess, but no job is turned down by me haha best of luck and i'll be updating this as soon as I see a sprout.
Nice, I use that mixture too and works well. I just decided to use the sphagnum because it stinks less and the grow space is in my room haha. I just got Aliciae and burmannii “humpty doo” to germinate the same way, so figured it works well enough.
I’ll update you the same :)
By mkfujita
I received some fresh D. (x 'Hercules') x self seeds and they have germinated like crazy in plain water, on sand/peat, and chopped LFS. I'm excited to see how they grow up!
By yardleyq1987
Trapper Kay:

Update: I believe I am now seeing some tiny sprouts.. Will photograph in a few days if they become more visible.
By Trapper Kay
yardleyq1987 wrote:Trapper Kay:

Update: I believe I am now seeing some tiny sprouts.. Will photograph in a few days if they become more visible.
Nice! I haven’t seen anything yet on mine, but checking daily now :)
I just sowed some sarr seeds today after 5 weeks of stratifying them. It’s been a busy week for me here as my aliciae and burmannii sprouts out grew the little sauce cups I had them in so I had to move them delicately lol
The things we do for our loved ones :D
By CarnivoresUnite
Trapper Kay wrote:
yardleyq1987 wrote:Trapper Kay:

Nice! I haven’t seen anything yet on mine, but checking daily now :)
I just sowed some sarr seeds today after 5 weeks of stratifying them. It’s been a busy week for me here as my aliciae and burmannii sprouts out grew the little sauce cups I had them in so I had to move them delicately lol
The things we do for our loved ones :D
Uh oh.. those two grow that fast? I guess I better get ready.. That's what I have them in also.
Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!