FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Rassac
its through a pipe we have installed on too of our house :) you think thats the main prob ? if yes ill go and buy distilled water ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Rassac
got distilled water today I hope its not too late ..

By Fieldofscreams
Did you get a TDS meter?

You need this to test the water to know for sure if the water is even the problem.
By Rassac
I ordered it :(! it may take a while for thE TDS to get here ;/ so i played if save and got some distilled water ..

By Rassac
ok I know shes in a bad shape .. but I checked there’s no root rot so this can only be a mineral burn or a sun burn.
So i flushed it with distilled water and put it into a much shadier area :) 2 birds with 1 stone i Hope its not too late ;(Image

By riveraXVX
in that last photo hard to tell but it looks like the plant might be buried too far in there currently basically the rhizome should be covered and in the ground but just barely. it looks here like the leaves are buried a bit too far deeply in there

think about the rhizome being the anchor and then the leaves branching out/sitting on top like a bouquet
By riveraXVX
there is a good photo out there that shows the depth to plant them but for the life of me I couldnt find it now
By boarderlib
This is one of my pots after some serious neglect over the winter. Note how "dead" it looks in the first picture, taken 5/30/19. The second picture was taken 6/7/19, note the new growth. All I did in between was hit it with a fungicide, and finally get it outside for some sun. It's amazing how many "dead" plants can come back to life given a little proper care.

They have since been repotted with all the dead removed and adjusted to full sun again. They are actively growing already, see the third picture taken today. Clean water, nutrient free soil and sun.

All it takes is proper care and a piece of clean, uninfected rhiozome and you can grow a plant from it. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
FTS Deep Red Guerrilla

they are waking up! https://i.imgur.com/d7iJ3aF.[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but the[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!