FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
It's not plant related, but I have noone else to share it with. 7 people are dead, 3 more in the hospital. A truck plowed into a bunch of motorcycles. Most of them were marine veterans. I just can't with how sad it is. My heart burns for them as a navy vet, and as a motorcyclist. Please drive carefully everyone. Please.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By mouthstofeed
Trucks don't plow into people by themselves. Drivers plow into people. What reason is being given for the driver's actions?
By boarderlib
I bet carelessness, he was more than likely playing on his phone or just not paying attention. I rode on road for about 3 years and I couldn't even count the number of times I was almost hit. Fortunately I wasn't hit, but I did bounce off the concrete and put my bike in a ditch avoiding one careless driver.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Cross
mouthstofeed wrote:Trucks don't plow into people by themselves. Drivers plow into people. What reason is being given for the driver's actions?
There isn't one unfortunately, but with the speed.....

By Cross
boarderlib wrote:I bet carelessness, he was more than likely playing on his phone or just not paying attention. I rode on road for about 3 years and I couldn't even count the number of times I was almost hit. Fortunately I wasn't hit, but I did bounce off the concrete and put my bike in a ditch avoiding one careless driver.

I'm a nut about phones here in Pennsylvania. They use them so much! I'll chase someone down and give them an introduction to road rage and English swear words.

By boarderlib
I usually just come up next to them and blow the horn, usually scares them enough to put the phone down and watch the road. Some people it sadly doesn't phase though. Those ones though, we'll say they get a bit of attitude

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!