FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss water requirements, "soil" (growing media) and suitable planting containers

Moderator: Matt

By optique
is "no name" a brand? all the big box stores sell cubes of CA sphagnum that's what you should look for CA sphagnum. If you get it from store A and its just filled with trash go to store B get another brand and you will be fine. and try store A after they sell the lots with trash. Both brands come from the same place just some lots just get a lot of trash mixed in. Its sold for garden/flower bed use and the trash will not effect that. Myself i am picky i can spend 30+min picking out sticks and trash.
Last edited by optique on Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan_
optique wrote:is "no name" a brand? all the big box stores sell cubes of CA sphagnum that's what you should look for CA sphagnum. If you get it from store A and its just filled with trash go to store B get another brand and you will be fine. and try store A after they sell the lots with trash. Both brands come from the same place just some lots just get a lot of trash mixed in. Its sold for garden/flower bed use and the trash will not effect that. Myself i am picky i can spend 30+min picking out sticks and trash.
What is "CA Sphagnum"?
By Artchic528
Jonathan_ wrote:
optique wrote:is "no name" a brand? all the big box stores sell cubes of CA sphagnum that's what you should look for CA sphagnum. If you get it from store A and its just filled with trash go to store B get another brand and you will be fine. and try store A after they sell the lots with trash. Both brands come from the same place just some lots just get a lot of trash mixed in. Its sold for garden/flower bed use and the trash will not effect that. Myself i am picky i can spend 30+min picking out sticks and trash.
What is "CA Sphagnum"?
CA stands for Canadian.

I use the same stuff as optique. It's Premeir brand Canadian Sphagnum peat moss.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Artchic528 liked this
By Jonathan_
How about this brand.
No Name Super Sphagnum Canadian Peat Moss? Its in a yellow bag.

I specifically asked my mother in law to get me premier Peat but she got me that brand I mentioned above instead. Has anyone used this NoName brand?
By Jonathan_
Fieldofscreams wrote:Why ask your mother in law to pick it up?

Just go to home Depot and pick up the premier brand.
Because she was in the area at the time and my Wife doesn't drive and I was at work. Plus I already sent her the money for it. My question still stands. Is it good enough for my plants or not?
Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mine[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!