FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By dewyray
My little growing navy decided to float over the pool light anchored at the bottom of their container. Aquatic utrics are very easy to grow! All that azolla is because I have aldrovanda in there, but I'm losing them, after such a promising start:/ Aldrovanda are challenging. Algae and nibbling things are a constant threat. I actually like the azolla now. It gives the utrics something to vine around in!
IMG_20190613_202126397~2.jpg
IMG_20190613_202126397~2.jpg (119.53 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
By King Drosophyllum VI
I have the opposite problem because my Azolla all doed and my Aldrovanda are doing great.

I think how difficult Aldrovanda are depends on where the plants are from. Mine grow just fine in very warm water and also in cold water. Where did you get yours from?
By dewyray
King Drosophyllum VI wrote:I have the opposite problem because my Azolla all doed and my Aldrovanda are doing great.

I think how difficult Aldrovanda are depends on where the plants are from. Mine grow just fine in very warm water and also in cold water. Where did you get yours from?
I ordered them from Carnivorous Plant Nursery. They were very healthy when I received them. It's entirely my inexperience that killed them, I'm certain. Should I order them again, I'll be better prepared. How do you grow yours successfully?

By King Drosophyllum VI
I don't have any from Carnivorous Plant Nursery. Did your plants go dormant? Some plant species will die if they don't get a proper dormancy. I don't know if temperate Aldrovanda require dormancy so if you can't resolve the problem you may want to try some that don't go dormant.

All mine are from petflytrap.com and I grow them in a large plastic bin filled with distilled water which has a layer of peat moss at the bottom. Recently it has gotten very hot (it is summer in Texas) so they have had problems with algae. My Aldrovanda don't get ideal conditions so I would recomend asking other people for some information.
I think they look fine.
I think they look fine.
0623191513-1.jpg (479.52 KiB) Viewed 2318 times
By dewyray
Hey those look great! I'll definitely try again in the future.

By King Drosophyllum VI
dewyray wrote:Hey those look great! I'll definitely try again in the future.

Thanks. I hope you have success woth them.

For $7 I'd have to pick one of those up myself!

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!