FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
Hey everyone. So I know you cut a leaf, put it in water, eventually it grows into baby sundews. Anyone ever do that in tc? Like if I cut it and lay flat the leaf into tc, would that still sprout plants? Is there a certain that it has to be done? I have to make tc later and I'd like to clone an capensis narrow red, big pink, and a capensis alba. Perhaps some of these tiny ones Mike gave me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By bananaman
That’s a common way to get sundews into TC, but it’s tricky to sterilize the leaves without killing them. I’ve tried a few different sterilization protocols, and they all killed the leaves I was using.
By Copper2
Cross wrote:Hey everyone. So I know you cut a leaf, put it in water, eventually it grows into baby sundews. Anyone ever do that in tc? Like if I cut it and lay flat the leaf into tc, would that still sprout plants? Is there a certain that it has to be done? I have to make tc later and I'd like to clone an capensis narrow red, big pink, and a capensis alba. Perhaps some of these tiny ones Mike gave me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ohhh.... Mike sent you some Drosera, did he! This confirms my suspicions that he wants everyone to have massive collections of Sundews. Drosera will soon replace all sarracenia collections :lol:

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!