FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Proudfather77
While my efforts at drosera Indica complex are not sucessful yet, thanks to the generosity of fellow members and a 30-hr soak with GA3 I had Byblis L. germination at just over a week once on sandy peat, rimmed with LFSM to keep humidity up.

I would estimate germimation from original batch was 80%+; now looking at 2 dozen sturdy, dewy Byblis Liniflora seedlings in 6 different pots.

Way disproportionate to my abilities, for sure.

I have evolved to using a childrens plastic spoon to get the petri dish soaked seeds distributed but as you can see they trickle to the lowest level in the pot sometimes. I did not use much LFSM and have had zero damp off/fungus, so far. Seems these are sturdier than most drosera seedings I have grown.

Gave a 30hr soak as well to some Drosera Serpens Jacky Jacky Au' from ebay seller Carlton Hawken and those seeds are bigger than Finlaysoniana and Byblis. Watching those germination times and will pass that info on also.

Will document and pass on anything that may help other members.
Attachments:
Byblis Liniflora seedlings 5.17.19 from batch on soil 5.04, Germ. 7 days with GA3.jpg
Byblis Liniflora seedlings 5.17.19 from batch on soil 5.04, Germ. 7 days with GA3.jpg (451.69 KiB) Viewed 791 times
Byblis Liniflora seedlings 5.17.19.jpg
Byblis Liniflora seedlings 5.17.19.jpg (472.98 KiB) Viewed 791 times

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!