FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By CpKid
Hi Everyone,
So I just went for a hike into our property in northern MI, and in one of the wetter areas found this moss. Since I was with my family I didn't have time to look around much, but the soil seemed quite sandy.
Any opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks! :D
Attachments:
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3777 times
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3777 times
IMG_4067.JPG
IMG_4067.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 3777 times
IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG (2.02 MiB) Viewed 3777 times
By Cross
Hey, you were looking at my really strange seed grown vft. I made a post about a strange growth. I won't hijack your post, but you should check it out. It's crazy looking. It's subtly not a flower.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By CpKid
Looks like some good looking spagnum to me
Thats what I thought! I just wonder if it'd be good to grow cp's in.
Hey, you were looking at my really strange seed grown vft. I made a post about a strange growth. I won't hijack your post, but you should check it out. It's crazy looking. It's subtly not a flower.
Well, sorry to be a bummer but it does look like a flower stalk. Pretty weird design though, it should be interesting to see it develop.
By Cross
CpKid wrote:
Looks like some good looking spagnum to me
Thats what I thought! I just wonder if it'd be good to grow cp's in.
Well, sorry to be a bummer but it does look like a flower stalk. Pretty weird design though, it should be interesting to see it develop.
It's flat like a folded leaf. If it is seeds though, great chance to see if the mutation carries. It needs to hurry up and grow. I need to know lol. As far as the moss, I would just rinse it a whole bunch and find a topical vft from lowes or something and check it out.

By CpKid
It's flat like a folded leaf. If it is seeds though, great chance to see if the mutation carries. It needs to hurry up and grow. I need to know lol.

Do you have anything to "Cross" it with, or are you gunna self it? The seedlings should be pretty interesting.
As far as the moss, I would just rinse it a whole bunch and find a topical vft from lowes or something and check it out.
My thoughts exactly!
By Cross
I don't think I have anything to cross it. A bunch of my plants came out of dormancy early, so I ended up cutting flowers because they looked like crap lol. I'll probably have to self it, unless someone sends me pollen sticks. Even by self, I'm sure it'll be awesome. I'll save you some seeds too, if it is a flower stalk.

By CpKid
Oh ok. Yeah, they might even be weirder! Thanks so much, I'd defiantly trade or something for a few seeds. I've got some from my Justina Davis X self, and a couple other cp's for trade ;)

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Is This What To Look For?

Update: Just a couple pics of the end (beginning[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!