FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Copper2
Hello,

I want to get Alien VTF. I see it’s available on CA Carnivores right now. However it’s pricey, and I’ve read that CC sends small flytraps. Should I order from CC or wait for FTS to get it back in stock?
By riveraXVX
could always e-mail and see if maybe they have one they could list for you also. Matt & Leah are good at responding back to folks
By Cross
Copper2 wrote:Hello,

I want to get Alien VTF. I see it’s available on CA Carnivores right now. However it’s pricey, and I’ve read that CC sends small flytraps. Should I order from CC or wait for FTS to get it back in stock?
Yeah, I bought an adult large 'ginormous' from cc. Well, it wasn't Just dormancy, it's rhizome was tiny. It was a fairly young division. Not at all what I paid for. I didn't complain because in that same order i received bonus ultis, and four different species of drosera. I would email fts and see if they have any unlisted, as was suggested.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By thefic
I was just about the place an order from CC but reading posts about the plant size and “extras” makes me rethink my decision.

I don’t mind getting free plants but sometimes picking out “the weeds” is more trouble than it’s worth.
By Cross
thefic wrote:I was just about the place an order from CC but reading posts about the plant size and “extras” makes me rethink my decision.

I don’t mind getting free plants but sometimes picking out “the weeds” is more trouble than it’s worth.
I would compare it to other shops. They don't ship with lfsm. I just always assume the plant will be smaller than promised. It really depends on what you are ordering.

By Copper2
Cross wrote:
thefic wrote:I was just about the place an order from CC but reading posts about the plant size and “extras” makes me rethink my decision.

I would compare it to other shops. They don't ship with lfsm. I just always assume the plant will be smaller than promised. It really depends on what you are ordering.

I ordered two sarracenia from them and they’re both the size of a young seedlings. And they were dormant!!!!!!!!! That’s slowing down their growth I think
By Fieldofscreams
If you bought them during the winter months then it's a given that they will be dormant. Not CC fault.

I bought my ginormous from CC, thing was a disaster, I saved it though and it became one of my best traps.

I'll only buy Sarr's from Sarracenia Northwest, they don't disappoint.
By Copper2
I get my sarrs from the Wang Brand. Also got some from Nevermore on Sarracenia forum, and of course two from CC
By Copper2
Fieldofscreams wrote:If you bought them during the winter months then it's a given that they will be dormant. Not CC fault.

I bought my ginormous from CC, thing was a disaster, I saved it though and it became one of my best traps.

Could you post a picture of your ginormous?
By Cross
Copper2 wrote:
Fieldofscreams wrote:If you bought them during the winter months then it's a given that they will be dormant. Not CC fault.

I'll share a pic of mine, not that you asked for it. Ah dormancy and freak freezes. Image

By Copper2
Cross wrote:
Copper2 wrote:

I'll share a pic of mine, not that you asked for it. Ah dormancy and freak freezes. Image

Would you trade that for SD Kronos?
By Cross
Copper2 wrote:
Cross wrote:
Copper2 wrote: Could you post a picture of your ginormous?

Would you trade that for SD Kronos?
Not this one, I'm holding out hope. But I promise to save you a division.

By Fieldofscreams
It was a mess. I repotted it in NZLFSM and an FTS cup, slowly introduced it to sun and then it took off.....basically.

Ginormous Before:
After
By Copper2
Wow! Is that the smaller fts cup? That thing looks massive!
By Fieldofscreams
Yeah it was a spare FTS 12oz stadium cup. I only put my plants in white pots, no matter what it has to be white and the soil has to be NZLSFM, i wont use anything else.

It turned into a monster but not quit as crazy as my:
B52

My G16 and DCXL are younger plants but i can tell they may surpass both Ginormous and B52.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!