FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
Thanks, Cross! It wasn't a big deal to do really. Wish I had noticed this morning before starting the trip.

I'll be in Mesa, AZ for USMS Spring Nationals (swimming) champs.

Looks like we will have some extreme heat to deal with but am still looking forward to the trip!

Leah is holding down the FlytrapStore fort solo during this busy time of year while I am gone! Wish her luck!!
By Cross
Matt wrote:Thanks, Cross! It wasn't a big deal to do really. Wish I had noticed this morning before starting the trip.

I'll be in Mesa, AZ for USMS Spring Nationals (swimming) champs.

Looks like we will have some extreme heat to deal with but am still looking forward to the trip!

Leah is holding down the FlytrapStore fort solo during this busy time of year while I am gone! Wish her luck!!
I imagined you literally deleting every post by hand. Since I have you here (hopefully), I wanted to say thanks. You and leah take such good care of the plants we get and pack them in lfsm! I hate peat. I never have a dead trap in the box because you guys pack them so well. So thanks for big plants and great shipping!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By CpKid
I second cross! Happy traveling! I'll probably be making an order from you guys this weekend, I hear you have some great plants :) I need some variety in my collection besides just a bunch o' typicals :D
By Cross
CpKid wrote:I second cross! Happy traveling! I'll probably be making an order from you guys this weekend, I hear you have some great plants :) I need some variety in my collection besides just a bunch o' typicals :D
Now I have to go look. I put a bunch of plants on the notification list lol. I got a seed grown from them. Look at this crazy thing

ImageImageImage
By CpKid
Wait a minute. That. Is. A. Seed grown?! Holy cow, I always thought that they were just "average" plants with a minute amount of variation. Thanks for clearing that up!
By Cross
CpKid wrote:Wait a minute. That. Is. A. Seed grown?! Holy cow, I always thought that they were just "average" plants with a minute amount of variation. Thanks for clearing that up!
I did too! So even I got him and opened the lid, I literally stared at it. Not in the what the f is that sort of way, but the 'I ordered a cheese pizza And they put bacon on it' sort of way. I thought it was deformed from shopping, so we'll see. But I love it!

By CpKid
Yeah, wow! Thats a neat one. Lol your description! Definitely keep an eye on that plant. Even looks like there may be more than one vfts in that pot.
By Cross
CpKid wrote:Yeah, wow! Thats a neat one. Lol your description! Definitely keep an eye on that plant. Even looks like there may be more than one vfts in that pot.
Lol, I'm a visual person that happens to love bacon. I really hope there are more divisions. It really is a neat plant.

By CpKid
Yay! Another bacon fan! Even if a devision isn't possible, you might be able to take a leaf cutting and see if the mutation holds through.
By Cross
CpKid wrote:Yay! Another bacon fan! Even if a devision isn't possible, you might be able to take a leaf cutting and see if the mutation holds through.
I have drosera seeds from the seed bank coming, I may have to do that.

By CpKid
Let me know if you do, and if the mutation stays consistent with another plant!
By Cross
CpKid wrote:Let me know if you do, and if the mutation stays consistent with another plant!
Absolutely. Here's to hoping they flower too. Wouldn't it be awesome if they ended being a new cultivar?

By CpKid
It would be awesome! Seeds...whew now that'd be cool! I'm sighning up for the first plant you have for sale :D
By Cross
CpKid wrote:It would be awesome! Seeds...whew now that'd be cool! I'm sighning up for the first plant you have for sale :D
Image just remind me of this post. I'm looking more for trades right now. I should go see if there is a division.

By Copper2
Cross wrote:
CpKid wrote:It would be awesome! Seeds...whew now that'd be cool! I'm sighning up for the first plant you have for sale :D
Image just remind me of this post. I'm looking more for trades right now. I should go see if there is a division.

Do you have anything for trade? I’m looking for some bloodworms or something to feed my plants

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!