FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Matt
The fastest growing carnivorous plant, huh? I'm not sure. I know the Drosera seeds (sundews) that I've planted grow pretty quickly, but I'd definitely not consider them fast growers. I have no experience with bladderworts.
By lemonlily
I don't actually know but... Actually I don't have anything to say. :oops:
By Pat
I would say that drossera Capensis would be the fastest growinp carnivorous plant from seed. You can have a mature flowering plant in a year or two.
Ahoy!
Right, we all know it's worth it to wait for a trap (or any plant) to grow at it's own pace,
But man is an haist-full creature..
So to get your plants form seed to chomping, we need to give it all the abnormal "thrust" man can possibly create.
first, I know it sound killer, but 20 hours min. light a day. You can burn the plant for 24 hours, but weird things happen,(growth patterns, don't ask..)
Any bright white light will do, but incandesant lights get really hot. Neon is the best, But HID rules.
So keep them seeds wet and vented.
And in about a 1/3 of the time you will have hordes blood thirsty plants.
Do note that plants need darkness in the long-run, but 2 hours will do.
Plants get "addicted" to this intense light method, so it's best to keep on giving them what they want.
I have successfully "rehabilitated" a trap before, but it is quite a mission!
Hope it help for those who can't wait...
By Adam
Anrich,

Thanks for you post. I've been spoiling my plants with a good light. I'm going to take advice from a few others here and apply a fungicide. However, I'm not sure if that will take care of what I think is mildew on some of my seedlings. Let me know what you think.

Adam
Attachments:
IMG_4063.JPG
IMG_4063.JPG (73.22 KiB) Viewed 11139 times
By WORMSS
I'm starting to wish I grown mine that close to each other.. I dont know what I was thinking growing them so far apart...

but starting to look good :D
Attachments:
vft2.jpg
vft2.jpg (69.63 KiB) Viewed 10902 times
By NZL
Looking good wormss!
By Caleboy 123
Adam wrote:Anrich,

Thanks for you post. I've been spoiling my plants with a good light. I'm going to take advice from a few others here and apply a fungicide. However, I'm not sure if that will take care of what I think is mildew on some of my seedlings. Let me know what you think.

Adam
Dude those traps look very healthy! Well, I actually found that the fuzzy brown stuff at the base of my plant was actually perfectly normal, sorry I couldn't help you out. But I remember a special type of fungicide could take care of that, I'm not sure, but I think it was sulfur-based?

Anyway, Back to topic.
I Binged 'fastest growing carnivouros plant' and one of the results said that the cape(nsis) sundews grow pretty quickly.

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!