FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
So I have bladderworts in a pot. I wanted to take the seed abs stick them in another pot so I can have a little ulti garden. When are they ready to collect seed?Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By KategoricalKarnivore
The seed pod usually turns fairly clear right before they crack open. You will be able to see that there are seeds inside because it’ll be black on the inside. Once they pop open they scatter at the slightest movement so try to harvest them before they crack.

Also you could take a 1 inch x 1 inch plug out of that pot and put it in your new pot. It will spread out and fill the pot.
By Cross
KategoricalKarnivore wrote:The seed pod usually turns fairly clear right before they crack open. You will be able to see that there are seeds inside because it’ll be black on the inside. Once they pop open they scatter at the slightest movement so try to harvest them before they crack.

Also you could take a 1 inch x 1 inch plug out of that pot and put it in your new pot. It will spread out and fill the pot.
Thanks so much. I can myself either trying to separate a plug anot not succeeding (there's a lot of droseras babies in there) or holding the new pot underneath and tapping the pod lol. "Come on. Seeds go in here" like a crazy person.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!