Beware: Pearl River Exotics's false+deceptive sales practice

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.
Coursair

Re: Beware: Pearl River Exotics's false+deceptive sales prac

by Coursair » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 am

My plants from Pearl River have been healthy and normal for the price.

You ordered juvenile size and expected adult pitchers.

If you had let seller know you had an issue, in a polite manner I’m sure they would do their best to resolve it.

I hear they refunded your money...so you have no reason to try to trash them !

Read the the entire description and maybe ask for a pic of the size you are ordering.

I grew this from a small plant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crich

by crich » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:02 pm

...and you run the company, Pearl River Exotics, under Dalton and Hannah, so I would expect that exact response from you. Straight from the mouth of the owner. Thanks Dalton.

I've sent you back the plant in your original packaging and now I look forward to receiving a full refund so I can place my order with Charles Brewer---the keep-it-real, what-you-see-is-what -you-get, honest sales presenter of his plant--and at much cheaper prices too!

nepenthesl0ve

by nepenthesl0ve » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:06 pm

they give you what was ordered plus bonus and went out of the way for you to pay. perhaps you should take a look in the mirror? one of the best CP nurseries dragged through mud because you didnt know what juvenile pitchers were. :roll:

seanu13

by seanu13 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm

It sounds like you didn't know what "juvenile pitchers" meant, and you're going out of your way to trash them instead of having talked to them, despite them going out of their way to accommodate payment and sending a free plant. Get your refund and move on. I hope Charles sees this and doesn't do business with you. I'll be directing him to this post.

I've ordered many plants from them and never had anything but great experiences. I will continue to do so.

It's pretty trashy to start a public post to bash them, given the circumstances, and this post should be removed.

The following users would like to thank seanu13 for this post
nepenthesl0ve

heywhathuh

by heywhathuh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:22 pm

crich wrote:I look forward to receiving a full refund so I can place my order with Charles Brewer---the keep-it-real, what-you-see-is-what -you-get, honest sales presenter of his plant--and at much cheaper prices too!

How can you speak for the accuracy of his photos when you haven't even ordered from him yet? This whole post is just so odd....

Toady

by Toady » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:28 pm

crich wrote:...and you run the company, Pearl River Exotics, under Dalton and Hannah, so I would expect that exact response from you. Straight from the mouth of the owner. Thanks Dalton.

I've sent you back the plant in your original packaging and now I look forward to receiving a full refund so I can place my order with Charles Brewer---the keep-it-real, what-you-see-is-what -you-get, honest sales presenter of his plant--and at much cheaper prices too!

Given your over-the-top praise of Brewer, I'm suspicious of your reasons for posting here.

HeliamphoraWalnut

by HeliamphoraWalnut » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:47 pm

First off, Charles is a great source for cephs but NOT “the better priced” as you seem to be so religiously advocating for. Just seems kinda suspicious

Second, where is this Brewer website? Last time I checked, he only seeks privately and FB
Third, Pearl River Exotics is one of my favorite nurseries as they don’t overprice everything. So stop your ranting
[Your Ad Here]
My growlist https://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/heliamphorawalnut-s-growlist-updated-10-20-18-t40444.html
Follow me on Instagram @planocarnivorousplants

riveraXVX

by riveraXVX » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:54 am

HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:First off, Charles is a great source for cephs but NOT “the better priced” as you seem to be so religiously advocating for. Just seems kinda suspicious

Second, where is this Brewer website? Last time I checked, he only seeks privately and FB
Third, Pearl River Exotics is one of my favorite nurseries as they don’t overprice everything. So stop your ranting

1) post is definitely weird.
2)you are correct he sells privately via FB/e-mail but MOSTLY sells to other nurseries that then resell his plants. his prices are also not any cheaper than most selling nice plants.
3)I've never heard anyone that has had a bad experience with Pearl River Exotics before and most folks I've seen over the past 2+ years we've been growing Carnivorous plants now are quick to recommend them if asked.

Cross

by Cross » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:27 pm

This is a really odd post. The OP has only 4 posts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That one plant boi

by That one plant boi » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm

I think pearl river exotics is great. Quality plants for good prices.

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Previous

Return to Forum Rules, Feedback, Announcements, Comments, Suggestions