FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Fly trap
Just wondering which s.flava variety has the most upright leaves that grow tallest, I know age has an impact but I'm talking species wise.
Also if choosing between a vft "royal red", and a vft "akai ryu" which one has the more upright red leaves?
Thanks
By Copper2
It really depends on which clone you get. I think S. flava rugelli is one of the bigger ones
By Proudfather77
Copper2 wrote:It really depends on which clone you get. I think S. flava rugelli is one of the bigger ones

S. Flava Rugelli, and some copper topped Flavaslike "supermax" that Josh/Flytrap King sells that originally came from Botanique 20 yrs ago.

Have seen some of these 2 Flavas over 30", with lids the size of your hand.

Notes from Josh (who is a credit to this industry, fantastic guy):

https://www.flytrapking.com/collections ... cher-plant

Description: Sarracenia flava "Supermax" is a stunning clone of the copper top pitcher plant. Growing to gargantuan proportions, spring leaves can top 36 inches with lids over 5 inches in diameter. Its vein-less leaves are copper-hued, maturing to chartreuse. For the serious gardener looking for pitcher plants for sale with wild North Carolina genetics, this is it! Supermax also has tremendous potential for interesting Sarracenia flava crosses. This is a must-have for serious pitcher plant gardeners!

When our nursery was established, we purchased several groups of trumpet pitcher plant seedlings from small nurseries near the coast of North Carolina. Choice seedlings were given temporary names and evaluated for vigor, size and beauty. S. "Supermax" was distributed as Sarracenia flava "jl407" during the evaluation process. Flytrap King nursery will likely register this outstanding plant.
By FlyTrap Hunter
Fly trap wrote:Just wondering which s.flava variety has the most upright leaves that grow tallest, I know age has an impact but I'm talking species wise.
Also if choosing between a vft "royal red", and a vft "akai ryu" which one has the more upright red leaves?
Thanks
Maroon Monster is a far superior fly trap compared to the other two "reds"
By crys331
Ohh, I may have to get more Flava varieties!
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Hi Andy If you are talking about the brown marks […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!