FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Cross
FlyTrap Hunter wrote:It's starts with a desire to have a fly trap. One is too many; a thousand never enough.
No truer words.... except an hour on two wheels is never enough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
By Fieldofscreams
Waaaaay too wet.

I let my plants almost completely dry out before I water again. By the time I water again the pots are so light that you would think they are empty.

Death cube plants need very specific care when you first get them. Repotting them immediately and then throwing them out in the sun is a for sure death sentence.
By Klikmaus
I've always found CPs interesting but growing up in the 80's in a small Texas town... not something you found at your local nursery or hardware store.
I bought two almost dead flytraps from my local Lowes last spring, spent a few hours researching their upkeep... they can get addictive!
My two Lowes traps are now four plants, each one has recovered, made another rhizome, and have been growing big and fast the last couple weeks.
I'm curious if it's possible to tell what the subspecies is?
By javaliz59
I think everyone has already said it but sounds like overwatering and too much direct sun are the culprits. I would recommend plastic pots with good drainage sitting in a deep plastic tray. Then add water to the tray and you have a mini bog garden of sorts. If you don't have good drainage then you get root rot. As far as sun goes, can you move them to partial sunlight? They need to be slowly acclimated.
Also, to quote someone who replied earlier, clay pots are not recommended for CPs. I tend to stick with plastic myself. They're cheap and I know they're safe.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to mon[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240424/a61a408[…]

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!