FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By TheTrapper
What is your favorite Carnivorous plant? I know its hard to decide amongst all the awesomeness, but I'm curious to see what you pick! What do you think is the most underrated carnivorous plant? Or favorite plant type if you can't decide on one.

I really like Drosera and find them fascinating. From their movements to the way that they are so diverse ,just like the people who grow them! Drosera Brievifolia has a place in my heart as it grows native within steps of my front door. They grow in colonies in the thousands and look like a field of red sparkling dew.
By Copper2
Hmmm... I only started recently and only have Sarracenia, VTFs, and Drosera so far. I think I am leaning to sarracenia as my favorite carnivore. They have a magical quality that my other CPs don’t seem to match. I think I would love Drosera more if I planted several trays of them, and saw them in all their dewy goodness! But right now they’re not that impressive just having one per pot.

Don’t ask me for my favorite sarracenia. I only have a few species so I cannot decide yet!
By TheTrapper
Yeah I really enjoy sarracenia too. The way they go dormant in the winter only to explode with growth in the Spring.
By Painley
Nepenthes have gorgeous pitchers with amazing colors and shapes. Pingicula have vibrant flowers that I enjoy but Drosera have a special place in my heart. The dew glistens in the light on unique shaped leaves. They propagate super easy and give nice red colors.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Painley liked this
By DragonsEye
If I could grow only one carnivorous plant, it would be Cephalotus. Love the tubby pitchers (they remind me of the Cookie Monster for some reason). Have'nt yet succeeded in keeping one alive long term, but that is what it would be.
DragonsEye liked this
By xanthoparmelia
For me, Sarracenia. Hands down.

Such broad phenotypic variation, unmatched beauty in both the pitchers and flowers, and truly elegant and ingenious adaptations for luring, trapping and digesting prey; Bright modified leaf colors, coupled with sweet nectar to lure prey, translucent areolae that trick insects into venturing further into the pitcher, downward hairs to obstruct escape, and unscalable inner walls to seal the deal. Such a cool plant.
xanthoparmelia liked this
By CpKid
This is such a tough question :D I'd have to say a nice Vft, or maybe Sarracenia Leucophylla. I appreciate the colorful blooms of many of the pygmy drosera. But really, my favorite carnivore changes every day its seems! :lol:
CpKid liked this
By Jeeper
Top 5...

1. Drosera squamosa
2. Cephalotus
3. Heliamphora minor var minor
4. Pygmy Drosera - all
5. Queensland Sisters
Jeeper liked this
By FlyTrap Hunter
If I could only own one fly trap, it would be Jaws.
Jaws
Jaws
Effect_20190413_003449.jpg (322.59 KiB) Viewed 3084 times

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!