FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Mark L
I’ve got a faint grey fuzzy mold developing on my peat moss, I’ve sprayed it once with a hydrogen peroxide solution, opened a window for air circulation, and moved the light closer to the plants. The spraying seemed to work for a day or two but it is returning today. I have removed all water from the tray beneath the plants so the soil will dry and I hope that helps. The mold so far is not on any of the plants and they seem healthy. I’m hoping it will just go away. What is the best fungicide to use on my soil? I’m also debating putting a layer of pearlite on top of my peat to deter mold. Any advice welcome.
By TheTrapper
Scotts diseaseEx Works well and also adds a greening effect to the plants since the active ingredient is Azoxystrobin. I use it to take care of my fungal problems and just as a boost to plants breaking dormancy. It contains no harmful additives for plants just be careful and apply diligently because it is very harmful to aquatic organisms. Use about 1/2 teaspoon per 2 cups and apply to affected area and then flush with distilled water later to prevent build up of TDS. You could also use Neem oil which works well.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

I know it's gonna be a blast!!! Wish I could come[…]

Here's the one seedling that I managed to get grow[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

SASE sent, whoops, time got away from me there

Another eBay Deal

This will be interesting to see how it turns out, […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!