FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By That one plant boi
Hello all! So I have a question... Would I be able to grow larger sarracenia under artificial lighting? I'm asking this because my sarracenia are currently being taken care of by a friend of mine but I would much prefer if they were here with me. I'm growing smaller devisions under the lights and they have been growing vigorously and have developed amazing coloration! This is what they would be growing under https://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-FLT44- ... gro&sr=8-4 help would be much appreciated. This is the red lid alata that has been growing under the same system Image

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
By That one plant boi
Also how would I combat the sarrs getting to tall and growing into the lights and burning? Should I just raise the lights up a bit?

By Nightbreed
I found that most plants grown under a light will stop short of the light. Keep in mind not all will. They tend to grow as efficiently as possible for their growing conditions but that said sarrs do need a strong light.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
By That one plant boi
Nightbreed wrote:I found that most plants grown under a light will stop short of the light. Keep in mind not all will. They tend to grow as efficiently as possible for their growing conditions but that said sarrs do need a strong light.

Would having the pitchers bending down a bit work? I'm willing to try anything right now. BTW This is all temporary.

By CpKid
i have a mars hydro 300about 2ft above the surface of the pot, they seem to be growing well and my purpurea is flowering.
By Nightbreed
Most likely you won't have to bend them. Try it out, the plants will be sure to tell you how good the conditions are for them.

By That one plant boi
Ok cool! I have recently brought them indoors and placed the lighting vertically and have them right next to it. The light is currently on for twelve hours a day while also being supplemental with three hours of direct sun through the window. This is the setup.ImageImageImageImage

That one plant boi liked this
By Copper2
CpKid wrote:i have a mars hydro 300about 2ft above the surface of the pot, they seem to be growing well and my purpurea is flowering.
Would you recommend that light? I’m searching for a indoor grow light for my CPs. How well does it measure to a T5? I was checking reviews on Amazon but got tired after seeing so many people using leds to grow closet “tomatoes.” The worst one was the parent that didn’t realize why their son loved growing “tomatoes”.....
By Shadowtski
Would you recommend that light? I’m searching for a indoor grow light for my CPs. How well does it measure to a T5?
I have several MarsHydro 300s.
I keep them 16 - 24 inches above the plants.
One light covers a growing area 24 by 24 with full brightness.
Things color up beautifully.
Most of the plants I post on this Forum are grown under these lights.
Shadowtski liked this
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!